Wednesday, July 22, 2009

RICK DO YOU REMEMBER CENTENIAL BEACH?





YES SANDRA WE ARE GETTING OLD BUT THEN WE GET TO DO CRAZY THINGS!

Believe it or not sometimes I forget that I am getting on in life. [accept of course when I look in the mirror]. Who invented those darn things any way. I certainly feel free to say what I am feeling, most of the time, and life is enjoyable and we have many things we still dream about doing!

I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday. To celebrate me! I am discovering new talents with my picture taking and it is fun.

I have enjoyed creating my garden and many stop and comment on it and I am happy they find pleasure as they walk by. I still have much to learn and new plans to improve it. But it is not easy trying to walk among the stones and not step on the stones. Dad has just fixed the hose for me again!

I have a pile of books to read and am excited and passionate about reading.
There are little gems of truth, little moments of laughter, new ideas to stimulate your mind that keep life fresh and I learn how others deal with problems because even when we are happiest there is a feeling that something is missing.

Life if full of paradoxs and contradictions and challenges. Dad is having more trouble hearing and I have to laugh like crazy at what he thinks I said. That alone keeps life humorous!

Did you look at all my blocks mostly pictures I spent a lot of time doing yesterday?

My question for today "Is God Perfect"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I looked at the pictures, it is almost like a slide show, the movie that just keeps going and going.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I miss hearing from my boys.
But I love your comments.
love mom

Anonymous said...

God is the shape of all the great and terrible unknowns of life, including existence, time, and meaning (and a bunch more). Being a shape, and not a person, it makes no sense to speak of God as perfect or note. Although, you might say a circle was perfect ... so ... maybe God is the perfect shape of the unknown universe.

Love,

Rick

PS What is all that blur in the photo of me???

Anonymous said...

sORRY i WAS TOO EXCITED TO TAKE PICTURES AND YOU ARE LUCKY YOU ARE INCLUDED. tO TELL THE TRUTH THAT WAS A PICTURE OF A PICTURE cAROL TOOK AND i THINK IT GIVES IT CHARACTER! lOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember Centennial beach. I took Lucas there in the summer of 2007 when he and Ranu were here. I remember it very well. I remember the way in about 1967 Dad would lean against the counter at the snack bar place wearing shoes and a bathing suit and talk with "Gunner" as he made the world's best fish and chips. Dad always paid with a wet $5 bill that he kept in a little zipper pocket in his bathing suit.

Love,

Rick