Thursday, July 2, 2009

ENJOYING THE CELEBRATIONS!

CANADA DAY WE HAD A WALK IN THE WOODS
AND A BABECUE WITH SANDRA AND RANDY AND CAROL JOINED US LATER.

TODAY
Mary and I are the first ones up and have breakfast together. She is off to care for two little children.

I enjoyed getting the room ready for them and discovered they liked lots of blankets. That guest room just fills up with extra junk that I should look through. Now our closet has become the junk room but when I put things back hopefully I will get rid of some stuff. I tried to give some books to the church book sale but found it ridiculously hard so I didn't. My story ended delightfully happy so I could be happy for my friends in my story.

I have started JESUS WILD AND MEAN AND SO FAR THE MESSAGE IS "GOD LOVES YOU AND HAS A DIFFICULT PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE! It is through difficulties and sufferings we find the true meaning of what is sacred and it is not feeling comfortable nor is it having happy endings.

The Old Testament which can be hard and shocking reveals that God is a refining fire and going through the fire of suffering can be painful.
Learning to live with the uncomfortable prepares us for the changes of growing older and the sacred mystery of dying; which is the ultimate letting go. I have always found that courage and strength come to us when we need it especially if we are willing to ask.

I feel great freedom asking for myself or for my friends.

No comments: