Thursday, July 16, 2009

LAUGHTER


THERE IS SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL ABOUT THE FEEL OF A LITTLE HAND ON YOUR ARM - IT SAYS TRUST, LOVE AND CONTENTMENT!

I am so blessed to have a wonderful family to share my life with!

LIFE ALSO HAS IT'S PAINFUL MOMENTS
When I was sitting quietly waiting for the doctor to come in I had my questions prepared. He came in expecting me to still be in pain. "What do you need for pain?" he asked. The pain in my back and neck and face was like a nightmare
and nothing much helped and although I had tests and ex-rays they showed nothing'. This affects you deeply because we want answers and there where none and some how this creates guilt about our pain. Like in some way we are making ourselves ill.

Years ago fighting with undiagnoed celiac I reached the point of helpless futility. Sickness changes our ability to think clearly; well it certainly did for me.

At that time I was going through many hormone changes with having children and exhausted as I tried to care for them. In a way the emotional pain can be as bad as the physical. Through it all I had times of depression never really knowing I was depressed. You carry on doing the best you can.

Motherhood has taken on new value as one of the hardest jobs in the world.
It also is the most rewarding!
The young people are all off golfing this morning. It is a perfect day. I will be visiting at the Nursing Home and dad has to go to the doctors to get his meds. refilled which help his feet. We are so thankful he is doing better. When you are going through a painful time wether it is your health, your worries over family, your school or work it always seems like a long time before things improve and I know for me they have.

No comments: