Friday, July 24, 2009

I BELIEVE IN ANGELS

We are really very small. I believe in miracles because Rick you were one. If we had rushed off to the hospital when I was in pain and both our lives could have ended that night. Certainly I would have had to have an abortion but your parents were too stupid to call a doctor or go to an emergency.

YES I believe in angels as well as miracles and dreams and prayer!
Who resuced dad when his scuba grear got stuck? I believe that dad's angels have been kept very busy he has had so many close calls.

I love stories about people appearing out of nowhere, helping then disappearing. Angels cannot rescue people unless directed by God Himself.

I have to think on this some more. What is a pagan? Who is the Holy Spirit?
Who was Jesus? Does God need messengers to do His work here on earth?

3 comments:

Bicycle Wallpaper said...

beautiful place...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Now, as you asked: a pagan is somebody who worships things (a river, the sun, supernatural creatures, etc.) instead of worshipping God. In the story of the tempting of Christ, didn't the devil say, "throw yourself off the mountain - the angels will catch you before you hit the ground!" and Jesus said no. It is not necessary to believe in the devil (I don't) to see the wisdom of this story. Even Jesus who, whether son of God or son of Man, was more connected to God than most of us, could see the folly of belief in such things, and the irrlevance of it to his connection with God. His core teachings relate to freedom from the priests and pharisees, the possibily for each one of us to make a direct attempt to connect with God, and the necessity to love your neigbour as yourself (and we are all neigbours). It is not necessary or even desirable to bring angels (or leprauchans, or fairies)or any other supernatural paganism into the story. Why detract from Jesus' perfect example?

Well, you say, the Bible says Jesus did miracles. I doubt that is true, but it is really beside the point. Miracles are for those with no faith. I have a firm belief in the core message of Jesus and do not need to be bribed with miracles, or magic, or withcraft, any more than Jesus needed to prove (to the Devil and to himself) that he was the son of God by jumping from a mountain top into the arms of angels. (Again, I am not saying the tempting story is literally true, but, like many inventions made up of falsehoods, it helps reveal great truth.)

I only go on at such length as you seem to enjoy it. Consider this a birthday present!

Much love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes Rick, I do enjoy it and wonder if you have missed your calling.

The point I am trying to make is that life is full of mysteries; sometimes near misses we cannot explain.

I think God speaks to us through nature but you are right only God is worthy of worship. We do not worship angels etc.. love mom