Monday, July 13, 2009

GENERATIONS.

THE LADIES WARMING UP TO SING RICK HAPPY BIRTHDAY
A PICTURE ON THE WALL OF THE COLDWATER HOTEL IN MERRIT BC
THIS IS HOW GRAMA AND GRAMPA HAD THEIR BATHS IN SASKATOON WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE!

As we gathered at the park; on what became a cloudy and cool day to celebrate Morgan's birthday, I think of all the different generations that are represented.
Granpa and I are now the oldest so we have the most stories and the most memories. I wonder how these stories affect all our family.

We are all uniquely different and yet their is a connection that holds us together. Even the youngest children are learning that life can be painful as they scraped their knees and have childhood diseases.

Some health problems are passed on and I quess that is a genetic weakness. Other things that have been passed on is the sense of adventure and the love of life and most of all a sense of humor.

We sat around in the circle some to sit in the same spot while others moved around a bit. There are actually three families that are now apart of our family gatherings. I have to stop actually to remember names which I find annoying but just something I have to accept in life.

As we talk to each other we get caught up on the surface news and really that is all there is time for.

These family gatherings are a lot of work and take hours of planning as we are now caught up in the excitment and happiness of the wedding of Mary and Mike. It is good to be connected to keep in touch, to listen and to care, and to laugh together. We continue to build memories together and listen to the dreams of the young. I wonder if we have passed on a philosophy of looking at life that will give them the strength and courage to face the ups and downs of life.

We all have our own opinions and I, for one, hold on with a passionate to the faith that is a rock foundation for all I believe and hold dear. But in many ways I have had to change my thinking and let go of old fashioned ways. Not that the new way of doing things is better but I have to accept it for what it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a title, but no content? Is this symolic of something?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am having trouble but it is now being written so comment again.

Anonymous said...

I guess I am just too fast. Very nicely written. And I think it is cool to see how we just keep growing and expanding, I might even get out of my chair next time and talk to some of these extended family people.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

WOW! love mom

sg said...

Wonderfully said. I have viewed your phots below...your pictures are great.