Thursday, July 30, 2009

HOPEFULLY WE ARE OVER THE WORST!

This is the thermoneter on our front porch
What would our racoons think of these fish!

A happy chatty group keeping cool.


I think librarians must have a sense of humor puting this book out.



The roses are starting to droop but hopefully the love that gave them will alwats be strong. We've come a long way baby! You and me.




Yes Sandra I am watering even though I am withering.

So I must go for a walk before it gets any warmer. I will be taking a birthday balloon over to the Nursing Home this afternoon and it will be unbearable hot there which it is at the best of times. They do put on big fans which help. I think the visit will be short.



Yesterday was Vancouver's hottest day. I feel bad for anyone who has to do much especially out doors. I think of the golden oldies who will also be having troubles even breathing and thinking right. I am sure after everyone has purchased fans or air-conditioning it will start to cool. down.

Dad and I had a enjoyable day out for a birthday lunch with Jane and Geoff. I have had several girl-friends and our husbands couldn't stand each other so it is great these two have such good chats.

Kim also dropped by after her mission of mercy to drop an air-conditioner off at her Aunt Sandy's. Our day always brightens when we see our young ones.
We talked about going to a movie but by the time we got sorta motivated it was too late. We could go to the Safeway and have a coffee in the cool corner which we actually walked over but forgot the money.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My house it getting pretty messy since it is so hot by the time I get home, hopefully I will clean it up tommorrow in the morning. The airconditioner worked great I think, but I went and slept in Marys room as it was a bit smelly and I hate smells. Are you able to cool your room down at night?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

How could you comment when I had barely fineshed. Not that I am complaining.

We sleep with the fan blowing over us and I feel so tired and with a cool shower I just sleep.

Yesterday I tired having a bath and could barely get out of the tub, the stairs feel like they are getting longer every time I go up and down. The crumbs on the floor are still there but I just do not care. I sure Kim has never seen my house so messy. love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think librarians must have sense of humour.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

It will be cold soon enough.
Ken

Grace McDonald said...

Aw, Beth! I love your daily Blogs!!! Keep up the great life lessons and the hope you have in all things!!!!