Saturday, June 23, 2012

DELIGHTED

                                                   Delighted that Carol has arrived!

Delighted there is sunshine on my path this morning.  The rhythm of the day starts the same for Panteli and myself.  I am up early and so is he.  He is off to Starbucks and I am off for my walk and we are letting the sleepy heads have a good rest.  Sandra is awake and ready to garden in her p.j's.  She phones before I leave and am getting dressed in the bedroom so I grab the phone and talk in the closet so as not to wake dad.

We make tentative plans but they all change instead of me taking lunch over the four of them will go out for supper.  That will be good for Sandra and Carol to catch up on each other's happenings.  

Dad and I want to go to Ben's game in Chilliwack especially after dad talked to him on the phone and he was so excited and hoping his team will get into the playoffs and he dreams of being chosen as the best player.

Carol and Panteli leave to do some errands.  The weekend is full of plans.  They will take Ben to his lacrosse game on Saturday and then bring Morgan and Ben here to sleep over.  Sunday may be more lacrosse or soccer or baseball for Carol and Panteli.  There old team is playing. 
 Each day will just fall into place.  Prayer helps me!

Dad and I have a rest because we are wise old birds and know we need it.  He had a very big walk in the park and soon he will be writing a book on all the dogs he meets.  When we get up the rain has come and the whole day seems dull again.  The drive to Chilliwack was a horrible traffic jam but we had given ourselves lots of time and we stopped to eat on the way.

Ben's team has so improved and it was an exciting game.  Ben had three amazing breakaways to score and he was happy.  Even the goalie hitting him on the head did not dampen his spirits.  Morgan found some little friends and they ran all around the place.  We are so thankful that we could go but I came home extremely happy but tired.

Yes Sandra and Randy gardened even in the rain!

I like the unexpected of never knowing who I may meet on my walk.  I value the experience of these meetings that can be so unexpected and so delightful.  Yes, there are a few grumps and that's okay too.  I often think it is not by accident the people who come into our lives; and even those we meet briefly, because they bring messages of hope; sometimes in words, or actions or even just their presence.  Spiritual messages of comfort and grace.

A day at a time!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking on the phone in the closet so as not to wake Dad? That is a bit of a humorous image.

Makes me think of all the times Dad woke me up as a teen-ager and told me it was time to get out of bed ...

Sounds like a busy weekend!

Love,


Rick