Saturday, June 9, 2012

THE PATH

This is dad's path in the Water Shed Park. Yes the sun came out on Friday but it still was cool.

 Dad has been going for a walk most days and feels the pills are helping his feet a bit.  The main thing they are not getting worse.  How fortunate we are to have a beautiful place to walk and enjoy nature.

Our daily physical path compares with our spiritual journey in many ways.  Each is made up of the small little things we do and say and the steps we take along the way.  Our spiritual journey begins right where we are on our own path as we discover our purpose in life.  

There  is Augustine whose life was changed by words that he heard and which penetrated his heart and after his conversion he changed his focus in life but would still be a person who loved arguments and continued to be a deeply intellectual man.  Our personalities are who we are.

"Academic rigour and spiritual liveliness are excellent companions and flourish in each other's company."  Ellen Clark-King in The Path to your Door.

So the journey begins inwardly but then, hopefully,  motivates a desire to help others by accepting and loving them and working for justice for them for whom life can be so unfair. 

The path to your door is the path within,
made by animals, lined with flowers, lined with thorns, stained with wine,
lit by the lamp of sorrowful dreams;
is washed with joy, is swept with grief, is blessed by the creativity of art:
is known by the heart, is known by prayer, is lost and found, is always strange,
the path to your door,
Michael Leuning,   Common Prayer Collection  1993

In our world of many words, spoken or written,
to respond to the Word of God may be a struggle to
find the spiritual truth hidden within and discover
the beginning and continuing work of the Spirit.
 
Discernment is a good tool to have
blended with honesty and courage.

It is not by mistake that my children have this strange woman as their mother.
 I know that each one of you have gifts and talents far beyond mine and it has been a joy
watching my children grow up, fall in love and have children of their own

            Prayer begins as something we do but it then becomes something God does within us.

My bread was from a mix called The Pantry I think but it was the new dish that made it better!
Sandra bought this as it said it was especially good for gluten-free bread and it helped.  I have not been making an effort to bake much of anything,

I did not go on the path to the Safeway but I went down to Superstore instead.  One reason was to check out the gluten-free shelf's.  I was impressed! 

Walking in the door I smelt the slow cooker and it was good to have supper all ready for us.  There is enough to feed an army I guess I should start thinking about cooking half a recipe.  Dad actually liked it!  I was trying something new.

It is now Saturday morning as I press publish.  The path for our day is undecided.  This morning for me will be a slow walk through the neighborhood enjoying the blooms on the trees and shrubs.  There will be ambitious people putting up garage sale signs and then as I start home up the small, tiny hill, the cyclists will be gliding past with no effort while huff and puff my way up it/



.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

l hope the path for today will lead to our door. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Mom.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

So much better to walk in the light and a little warmth.
Don't think I can get any time off in September. Still trying.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Now that is a nice bread pan....I must get myself one. I think I have tried the pantry bread..but will again. I am glad Larry's legs are getting stronger and he can walk again....the path looks so inviting, green and cool. We had supper at our cousin's tonight along with my husband's aunt and uncle, aged 86 and 84. They are soo good for their age. Independent and pretty healthy.Hope I can be that good when I get there! Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Glad that the loaf pan helped. I stopped by today when doing my rounds but the house was locked up. I had been to value village and it was so cold in there, then home depot garden center was cold and windy too so I came home and made some soup and had a bath. Oh and Dr. Nolte put me on something that is used for nauropathy, I was going to ask dad if he has used it before. Sandra