Saturday, June 2, 2012

RAINY

On with the rain pants as I head down to the little stream with the rain hitting my face.
I do hope Saturday is a better day as Sandra and the girls are having a baby shower at a lovely park with the theme being camping.  She even made brownies with flames on them and little sticks for the wood.

It was  raining as dad and I arrived at the Sylvia on Thursday at noon after the eye doctor.  Dad really likes the fish and chips; just like the ones we use to get at the beach in Tsawwassen.




It cleared up a bit for a short walk.

.then Friday we went to Wall-Mart. as it is the only place I can but my digestion pills.  I would like to see the movie|"The Marigold Hotel" with Judy Dench but that did not happen.   We visited with Sandra and Randy and then did our shopping.  Dad did go for a walk.

Theresa is off to the Gold Coast to do a wedding shoot for her best friend.  It is to be a surprise for the family that think it is a family re-union.

I am hoping to finish Karen Armstrong's book today.  The last chapter is on recognition.  She quotes from three Biblical myths, which all talk about recognizing the stranger.  Abraham saw three men approaching and rushes to offer hospitality to them.  God seems to speak through one of the strangers telling Abraham that next year, when he visits, he will have a son.

"Remember that a myth is a program for action, you will recognize it's truth when you put it into action."  K. Armstrong  A Compassionate Life.

A similar story happens when Jesus, after his death, walks with three men in great distress after his death.  They do not recognize him until he sits and eats with them.  Their eyes are opened as he breaks the bread.  Their minds have already been opened by his words to them and now it is like this amazing glimpse of the Risen Christ.

"Henceforth, Luke suggests Christians will glimpse the risen Christ in the Eucharist, in the study of scripture and when they reach out to the stranger,"  K. A.

Do I look for the face of God in others?

I had three strangers make very nice comments to me on Thursday.


5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I have never made it through even one of Karen Armstrong's books....they are heavy reading....interesting, but I have to read a little at a time. Good for you Beth! I learn from you. Glad to hear you are taking the digestive enzymes, I sure wouldn't want to have to live without them...I would be miserable! I ate something I shouldn't have yesterday and sure "paid the price". Superstore carries them in Winnipeg, as well as Walmart. Summer has arrived here, sun, warm temps and tons of cottagers. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Check my comment from yesterday please.

I notice you are sneaking in that pagan human sacrafice rising-from-the-dead stuff via KA. Just so as you know that I know.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Staring at the fire
For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me

Come to me now
And rest your head for just five minutes
Everything is good
Such a cosy room
The windows are illuminated
By the sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you
Only for you

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And Our

I'll light the fire
And you place the flowers in the jar
That you bought today
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes that is the song I was trying to remember.

Anonymous said...

GREAT , DADS KNEES AND HIPS MUST BE OK.
KEN