Sunday, June 10, 2012

WORDS

Dad and I started the morning feeling like not doing much of anything; but the warmth of friendship was an invitation that brightened up our day.  Our path did lead over to Jane and Geof's where we enjoyed good food and hearing about their trip to England and then Jane to Holland.  Good friends who believe in you and share from the heart with grace and understanding are a treasure beyond words.

I believe in the power of words and in the power they have to heal.  I am critical of the stories published in the tabloids which tell of rescues by mysterious angels or visits by aliens. 

I have personally experience the power of words to heal especially through prayer.

I think also of my visit with Freda which may be the last one as she will be moving further away.  The care aids told me she had been unable to sleep at night but as I sat quietly with her she fell sound asleep.  Some times words are not needed just the presence of some one you trust and accept as a friend.

These are some of the books I am reading right now.

"The Language of Flowers is an unique and powerful book about a young girl orphaned and raised by being dragged to many different foster homes.  She trusted no one and and only by letting go of fear and learning to trust her own emotions she finally found her own family.  She had learned to expressed her self in the meaning of flowers.  She gave to others the confidence to marry as she made special bouquets for the young people who were touched by the love and care that created such beauty,

I am learning a lot as I read about the history of medicine in God's Hotel which is a hospital for the care of the poorest of the very sick and dying.  Medicine plays an important role in our healing especially when it is seen as a sacred calling. despite the pressure of economics and politics.

While Geof. and dad watched the soccer Jane and I looked through the pile of books by her bedside.  I came home with some I had lent her and some to add to my pile.

Before we knew it it was time to watch the hockey game.  I was actually cheering for the Devils in spite of their name!

Sorry Sandra our door was locked and Panteli has the key we usually hide in that very trickle bird,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book Mom. Nice and sunny , but cold and frosty here. I am on late shift until Tuesday.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm rooting for New Jersey too, as Los Angeles seems to have had it too easy so far.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry about the key!! It is safe and sound on my key chain, and I'll let you guys know when I'm coming in once I book my flights. Taking care of a few medical appointments for my parents in the next couple of days, which is why I haven't left Ontario yet.

I'm rooting for LA!!

Anonymous said...

I didnt to get in the house for anything so no worries. sandra