Tuesday, June 5, 2012

GOOD NEWS



My peonies
 are starting
 to bloom now and add color and lovely smell to the garden.

Dad has to get his prescription refilled today so that may mean a trip to the doctor.  I read a quote that suggested that our bodies are not just machines but more like a garden that needed to be tended.  I am reminded that I need to listen to the pain whether it is emotional or physical, to care for  body and the soul.  I am very healthy but I get tired easily and I just have to live with this; although at times it is frustrating and disappointing.

I saw a package nestled in with the gluten-free section and because I was in a hurry just picked them up and took home some Biscotti.  I ate one without checking and then I check.  It was 100 per cent wheat.  I got terribly sick to my stomach and I will go back and tell them at the store.  Another lesson learned.

I enjoy my life; keeping in touch with my family, going for my walks, breathing in the fresh air;
 and taking pictures, reading and sharing what I  am reading.

I read a quote by Paula McClain saying, "If I can write one sentence simple and true everyday I'll be satisfied."  Well not me one sentence would never be enough.  I read it again and realize she may have wrote more but just one was good.

I know I like to read some good news in the paper not just all the bad stuff.

Jesus was Jewish and lived in the time of the occupation and oppression of the Romans.   Yet he came with a message of "good news."

This would make the rich and powerful uncomfortable and speak to the hearts of the poor and down cast.

Jesus affirms it is what is in the heart that counts and that in the new Kingdom evil would be exposed and the lost will find their way home.  (I can relate to being lost as I drove merrily in the wrong direction down 64 going farther from home instead of towards it.  I felt better when I turned around to head in the right direction.)

Life is about finding what is good in your life. 
 Like a visit from your daughter on her way home from work!


Another rainy Monday.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry to hear about the biscotti episode....you must have felt terrible.
Surprise visits by family are the greatest, aren't they? Our granddaughter and her boyfriend dropped in last evening,for a visit.
Are you watching some of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee? History in the making. Your peonies must be beautiful...mine are just beginning to bud. Have a great day! Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

One true sentence. Hemingway said something similar.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I never understand why my garden is always a week or so behind yours when my yard is warmer then yours most of the time.
Randy arived at his parents apartment this morning only to have to take his Mom to the ER. Could be the flu, or his Dad is certain she is dying. He is still insisting he is going to London with Randy to pick up Mitch though. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Off for lunch with the boys . Maybe hit a bucket of balls first. Sunny but really cold and windy. It the kid of cold we get here , winds that are so cold.maybe we should we're Canadian parkas , them we wouldn't feel so cold.
Ken