Tuesday, June 12, 2012

EFFICENT

                           I do not know how this picture came to be with the two making one.

Sandra I told you months ago to stop lifting those heavy rocks and bags etc.

Finally it has warmed up and dad and I were able to sit and read in the back yard.  I have felt very lazy and have put off going to the store.  Dad had a good walk and enjoyed meeting children and dogs.  He enjoys walking there but I find it better to do things earlier in the day or you can just don't get around to doing it.  He has tried the swimming pool but walking on the cement is painful.  The pills are helping the pain so we are hopeful which is so important.

Dad did get  his KoBo working so that was good.

I am thoroughly enjoying my book "God's Hotel".  It is an amazing story of an almshouse in San Francisco more than twenty years ago, that although it was rated as inefficient and certainly not cost effective did amazing well healing people.   The  people who were not healed or stayed there because they had no place to go died peacefully.  Everyone care and took a personnel interest in their patients.

When I think about the miracles of healing that Jesus performed I think it was because he was "present" with them and they felt cared for.  This hospital is similar in that it seems to create within the patient the spark of life.  They had a barnyard, with pigs and rabbits, a green house, where patients could plant and grow flowers or vegetables, and they had an aviary full of birds. 

 This is what I call spiritual healing that releases the vital force that is within us, as it is within nature and needs to grow.

Victoria Sweet comments that relationship was the secret that healed their patients in this low -tech but very human environment.  Doctors were very busy as they are today, but a doctor took time to go buy a patient a pair of shoes so he could go home.  It has changed now and is a real hospital and of course we have a lot more people that need care.

I wish I had asked my mom more what her nursing experiences were like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but once I stop lifting the heavy bags and bricks I wont be able to any more.Or maybe that is where I am now? That is good dad is better. I stopped taking the pills, I was too tired to work or drive. Sandra

Anonymous said...

A pair of rubber water shoes could be Larry's answer to pain on walking on concrete or even some flip fl.ops worn to the edge of the pool. Jane.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to being tired and nausesaed it is miserable. The trouble with meds, is the side affect.
love mom