Thursday, June 7, 2012

POLITE

I think that I am a pretty polite kind of person.  I try to remember to say please and thank you.  I hold the door open for others and am patient when having to wait in line.  I am also polite when I am complaining, but I must say I expected more from the manager at the store.  I expect similar behavior from my family and I am pleased to say that they are all very polite as well.  Good manners are very important!

Dad is now having problems with nausea from the pills he is taking but it comes and go.  I am still feeling crappy, but better, from my eating the wrong stuff.  I really think some people think it is just the latest fad but when you have a bad re-action it is no fun.

I had a great and successful day today.  Baked my bread in my new pan and it turned out fabulously.  I did my medium walk, cut the grass and did some weeding and between us dad and I made a real meal.

I really feel pleased about how responsible and mature my grandchildren are all becoming.  This fall there will be wedding bells and I am so happy for Shawna and Stephen.  It is so exciting that they will be married here in Sept. Yeah!

 I am so thankful to be living here in Canada but it is painful to hear about things going on in different parts of the world.  What a mess!  We abuse our freedom, which I believe was God given, to kill, steal, victimize, rape, plunder, lie and cheat to name just a few.

Hearing this news on June the 6th adds to other important events on the same day.  In 1944 Canadians invaded Normandy losing a lot of young men so that we could have our freedom.  In 1952 dad crashed on his motor-bike and was saved from being declared dead by a former student at his school who forced the doctor to touch his head and in doing so dad flinched and was declared still alive.

That was yesterday.  Today I will be visiting.    Another cloudy day but not raining yet,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it is certainly raining now! I sent an email online to Canada Safeway to complain. They are in the service business and regardless of what they may be privately thinking "why is this silly old lady complaining about such a small mistake" they should have been much more apoligetic and sent someone right away to correct THEIR mistake. Stupid store. Sandra Oh, and waiting for the latest news still on Randys mom and her ultra sound from yesterday.

nancy-Lou said...

Which gluten free bread mix do you make Beth? I have tried a few a don't care for them..I do like the biscuit mix by Duinkerken. Also, do you have family members who are Celiac...or how about your older generation..like your mom or dad? Celiac disease has a genetic marker and about 15% of family members have it. My mom suffered terribly from a bowel disorder and spent a lot of time in bed..they called it Colitis...but I am convinced it was Celiac Disease. I also wanted to mention that I buy my digestive enzymes at Costco now. They are cheaper and have a complete array of enzymes. The brand name is Webber naturals....120 capsules and I am not exactly sure of the price!I usually take two per meal....about 15 minutes before...but it varies from person to person. Another hot day here and humid..beach weather, but I am not a beach person anymore! Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

When Melina complained the Safeway here gave her a 30$ credit. Just saying.
Cold and wet here today.
Ken

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are recovering mom.

Another wedding in September? Wasn't Cameron and Shandel's wedding in September?

Love,

Rick