Saturday, June 30, 2012

REVELATION

Seeing with new eyes and a deeper understanding what had been unseen before.

 It wasn't until I walked to the edge of the water that I saw this duck and serveal others hidden in the grasses.  He is now making his escape!

We got an interesting letter from my brother yesterday about the arrival of my dad to Quebec from Liverpool, England on Oct. 1920 when he was 20 years old.  I had never known his exact age.  He came on the Victorian.

Some things in life are not going to change but just have to be excepted as "it is what it is".  The wonderful thing isthat we are all in control of our attitudes and can look to choices that make my life more meaningful.  There is a reverence for all life, that is revealed when we are willing and open to see.

Jesus opened deaf ears to hear and blind eyes to see and experience the living spirit expressed in his words.  Loving words of forgiveness and hopefulness for all.

When I entered the tea room at the Home yesterday they all welcomed me with warmth and smiles.  Come sit down and have some ice cream they said as a chair was hurridly brought for me.  It was then I realized that they thought I was one of the new commers and that I belonged there!  lol

No matter what stage of life we are at there will be frustrations and sometimes misunderstandings.

People were no different in the gospel stories.  They had problems, worries, disappointments, pain and suffering, unfairness, greed and dishonesty, even wars and rumours of war.  There is no wonder there was doubt and unbelief.

The words of Jesus were healing but also commanding as he told the paralazed to stretch forth his hand and he would be healed. It is amazing how when we surround one another with prayer there comes peace.


A peaceful scene to calm my restless thoughts and bring revelation that I am not alone but surrounded by beauty and love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice vibrant colours on your picture today mom. Thank you so much for going over and letting the dogs out. I am trying not to worry about them but I know they must get pretty anxious when it gets dark an no one has let them out. I am not sure if I already told you. It is ovarian cancer Randys mom has and it has spread do her bowels. They are going to start chemo and then do surgery. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mom, better be careful they don't keep you behind when you want to go home ...

Love,

Rick

PS The book I'm reading about Jesus says that, although he was a real historical person, he very likely couldn't read or write. Which makes sense, but I never thought of that before.

Anonymous said...

lol , thats funny Mom. So you guys still looking at moving?
Ken