Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SURPRISING

Out of the blue Ken phoned to say he can get leave on the 19th of Sept.  He just heard the news so they will be talking and planning about the family coming.  What a surprise!  We will skype on Friday and they will know more and hopefully we can hear better.  The reception on our end was not good.

We would love for you and your family to stay here with us.

Yes, Pentali is here and Carol arrives Thursday late at night.  He will pick her up.  Sandra plans to be working in her garden and I know I was out in mine today and it is amazing all the overgrowth with the heavy rain.  It is still cool here.

The trouble is that a place to hold the wedding and reception still has not been found so that is stressful for Shawna and that is understandable.  I know most girls dream about this special day and want it to be perfect.  A very emotional time!

Having it here is a wonderful idea but not as easy as we first thought.

I will take pictures when I am at the Strawberry tea Today. This will be the hall not the church.  I can put it on face book at noon.  I do not know what the rules are or anything but will find out if you want me to.  Dad and I will visit the place in Burnaby on Thursday if that will help.

We have had many different weddings in our family, from ones at the register's office, to a home wedding, to one outside and ones in churches.  They all have been beautiful. 

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

The September wedding sounds like an exciting time for all! These days weddings are often held on other days, rather than Saturdays. With the challenge of finding a venue, it might be a thought! We are having very wet weather..rain every day for weeks and we cannot get in the garden! My friend still has 3 flats to plant. The grass is so green, one would think it was Vancouver! The water table is high and there is flooding. Not here though as we live on a sand hill! Have a wonderful time at the strawberry social, Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic that Kenny is coming! So much to look forward to.
Feel free to pop in with Carol any time on the weekend. I am not in the planning mood, but feel free to set up a dinner and I will be there! Sandra

Anonymous said...

So yes we are planning on making the big trip. should be great , the chilliwack place looks nice.
Ps I think you forget how loud kids can be . Dad would leave home in an hour !!

Ken