Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hour Glass


Wow a sunny day!
Reminds me that the strength of the human spirit will prevail!
Hope springs eternally!

The strawberry Tea was a wonderful success and took a lot of hard work by a lot of people; especially Jane the convener.  It was a lot of fun for dad and I as we took turns at the book table but people keep telling me about how good certain books were and I was tempted to bring home a bag full.  So I did.  Panteli took us out To White Spot so that was very much appreciated after my busy day.


I am so happy a place has been found to have the wedding at.  Life often does seem to create problems that need solving and it is good when answers come.

Now for something to laugh about.

Many Years ago I had, I think I can safely say, an hour glass figure.  But not anymore it is more like those egg timers where the sand runs to the bottom.  The main problem is figuring out what size I am.
The same size can be different in another style and yes I do not like trying on clothes.  Smaller on top and wider in the middle.

On my morning walk it was not raining and I meet three of my favorite people.  Johanna, has chronic pain and tells me about her life and her determination to keep walking.  We walk about the same pace which is good and there is an understanding between us, she is a very genuine person without pretense and a great sense of humor!  Then I meet the bicycle lady, so enthusiastic,  who always encourages me with a smile and a few words.  Last there is the young man who thanks me for keeping his neighborhood clean and asks me how I am.  Of course I say fine.

I have decided to look into the healing stories told about Jesus in the gospels.  Each gospel is told from a different perspective, for different purposes and of course different personalities.  Like all of us we all can remember things differently.

In studying scripture one needs to learn about the Eastern culture that was passionately religious and that longed for God's great redemption.  The love of the Father expressed through the Son in the miracle of healing.

Today I will be visiting the dear old folks.  Carol arrives to-night which is exciting and Theresa has plans made for the week-end mostly with Ben and Morgan.

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth,in your pictures, you look as though you still have an hour glass figure! Slim. Getting clothes to fit is a real problem for me too. I am not overweight either, I take a size 12, as I am 5'8", and my main beef is the size of the pant legs...HUGE! Not on all pants, but many. Yes, my middle has grown, or I could take a size 10. One thing my friend does, it buy a size 10 top and a size 12 bottom. Love your humour.
It is sunny here too..hope it lasts for both of us. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

You will have to be sure and get a hold of me tommorrow and let me know what all the plans are so I can meet up with you all at some point. Oh, and do you want a room at the place we are staying at mom?
I will try and call later on. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth for the long hours you put in at the book table with Larry's help. there were some great books at rock bottom prices. We are already enjoying our purchases. Love Jane.

larry bennett said...

yes Sandra we would like a room What a perfect place!

Hopefully we will know about Ken and family soon as they may want a room too.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes at least one room. Maybe Jesse and Matthew can sleep out in a tent.
Ken