Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

                                                                O Happy Day!

I had a very loving but very strict father. He had very high standards and I did my best not to disappoint him so did well at school. According to my dad he was involved in secretly spying during the war in Saskatoon, a small town.  When he was forced to move into the Nursing home because both him and mom had failing health at first he was very angry.  Then he started to feel it was his job to keep an eye on what was going on there so he became a spy again.  We were just happy he was happy.

 Your dad is also a great story teller and a very loving father devoted to family and involved in their sport activities and attending ballet and swimming events.

Right now I am definitely thinking that dad's had an easier role; just from my point of view because they never have to think what to feed people, or where will they sleep or what should the plan be to get everyone together.  I know father hood has changed since our parenting days and being responsible for providing for a family was and is extremely stressful

Right now I find that as soon as breakfast is over, or even while we are eating it, I am pondering what will we have for supper?  And yes Nancy, when some one phones to say they are dropping by I start thinking what can I feed them? 

Dad did find staying home with you kids very stressful!

Dad enjoyed the banana loaf I made on Sat.  I did measure and use my new pan!  I was not too impressed but then I am not a great fan of my own cooking.

Dad told me to remember something and I been trying to think all day what is was I was to remember.  I did renew his eye meds. so maybe that was it. 

I really looked forward to attending Ben's lacrosse game in New Westminster.  Not so far for us to drive.  I can pick up some bread for my friend and although it is made with no flour it does not agree with me, but my friend really enjoys it. 

There appears to be some good news about Oliver but I do not know for absolute truth so I better not say!  Theresa told us.  I do hope it is true.  I actually had stopped praying for it but God continues to do what he does best. 

I have never had any doubts about God but only some of the people who say they are doing his will.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Happy Father's day to Larry. I enjoyed your blog about Father's Beth. Are you having a family dinner? We are having honey garlic spare ribs, stuffed potatoes, salad and rhubarb crisp. Our immediate family is small. Just 6, but one is working. our granddaughter. It must have been tough to have a very strict dad. You have to be a high achiever then! Good thing you did well at school.Enjoy the day, love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's day. Fathers day is in September here.So I always forget.
Ken