Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HILARIOUS

Caught dad in the act of drinking from his new favorite cup made for him by Kim.

I think a good sense of humor makes life bearable!  So here I go. . . . . .
I  think it is hilarious when your dad has to explain to people
he goes to church but is not one of those Christians.  I just roll my eyes!
Then when he starts describing his view of the Old Testament
my head drops into my hands and if I could I would roll on the floor and kick my feet!

Here we are talking about people who lived centuries ago, who lived in superstition and
fear, who needed a God of war to intervene and protect them and make them a strong nation.
They had to battle for their survival and so they passed down stories to make hero's out of their leaders.  Their goals that drove them were a belief in a promised land of plenty and happiness.

I think what our minister Danieal has been telling us is that ignorance that translated these ancient words is not the lack of intelligence but words exclusively one directional.  I would react negatively if I believed as dad does.  Even today there are nations and tribes that believe in ethnic cleansing, claiming they are building a better world.
What a tragedy. 

I do not feel it necessary to witness to others except J.W.'s to let them know I know what I believe.

We do not have to feel the same way as others, because we feel the way we do and that is okay.

The funny thing is that as we sit and talk and laugh with Jane and Geof I feel so young and I forget the years that are adding up and how our lives are changing; and how old and out of shape we really are.  Life is to be enjoyed especially when we see the hilarious side of things.

 One reason I enjoy Stuart McLean and I am so happy Ben does too!

Yes I can feel spiritual ly drained and exhausted praying for many who are going through difficult times with serious illness.  So whether I feel weary of praying and ready to throw in the towel there is deep within me an amazing belief that there is a God who hears our prayers.

Sandra is off to a warmer climate Edmonton!  Have fun dear!


5 comments:

Shandel said...

lol! i think that is very funny the way Grampa explains his Church goings. i think it sounds just like something Cameron would say....in fact i think i might have heard him say something similar to me before.....
I am super excited to spend time with Sandra, and Daisy finally gets to meet her! Cameron went out of town yestday am and will be back tomorrow sometime. i hope he is home in time to join in on the BBQ at Stephen and Shawna's.
have a wonderful day! i hope the sun is shinning. :D
xo

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you have not been on the floor kicking and screaming mom, cause I sure can picture it? Looking forward to the plane ride just so I can have a nap. Major disaster in the cake making department last night, so had to make chocolate chip cookies instead and was up till after 10:00. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes l had a good time too yesterday.Geof and Larry remind me somewhat of the parable of the son who says he wont go to the field to help with the work but then goes.l believe its not so much what we say but how we live which tells the story of our lives. The party at the Coopers was most enjoyable. Lots of good food and company and it didn't rain Its a glorious morning l hope you enjoyed your walk. Bye for now. Jane

Anonymous said...

Funny Sandra going to warmer Edmonton. Nothing new here , work , work , clean , clean .And I have been busy as well.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Who is JW?

Love,

Rick

PS So we should like the stories of olden-times ethnic cleansing but not like current-times stories of ethnic cleansing?