Monday, June 25, 2012

JUST THE TWO OF US!

                                              My wild and crazy garden!
       Both Sandra amd Randy worked extremely hard on their new garden and it takes the prize.

It is Monday morning still cool but not rainiong.  It was strange to get up and everything is so quiet.  Yesterday morning was very busy packing up the children's things and getting Them and Carol and Panteli out the door for the soccer game,  A very busy morning for us all. 

Carol and Panteli came over in the afternoon to take Freckles the fish on his journey home to Morgan.   I kept calling him Fredddie annoying Morgan.   He was very quiet all weekend.  Actually we were wondering is he was okay?

Footprints around the pond this morning so our cuddly racoon has been by for a visit.  The garbage can was knocked over but all our food is in the compost now.

I thought it would be great to drive out to Chilliwack to see Morgan play soccer but dad has been doing a lot of driving and actually it is tiring for the both of us.

We got an e-mail from an old friend (younger than us) whose cancer has gotten worse.  We will go over and visit this afternoon.  This reminds us to enjoy each day as it comes.

Reading the stories of Jesus I am reminded how we each have to take care of ourselves if we want to care for others.  Jesus took time to be alone.  Jesus exhibts powerful emotions when a man with leprosy comes and asks Jesus to make him clean.  Jesus reaches us to touch a person who has been called unclean and untouchable.  He is healed.  We all need hugs!

Sometimes at church tears come to my eyes when we sing a old song like "Rock of Ages" or we pray for those who are not well.  Jesus was an emotional man who felt sadness just as we all do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are Carol and Panteli out in Chilliwack for the week now? Randy and I had a very quiet restfull weekend. Watched a new series on our Netflix, did a bit of shopping, did a bit of planting. He is on nights again so I wont see him before I leave on Wednesday. Looks like summer is gong to arive soon, I cant wait to complain about it being too hot to sleep. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Carol and Theresa are going boating at Harrison today. They may stop by on Wed. I think Theresa has something planned for Thrusday.
I had a short quiet walk by myself this morning enjoying the sunshine but still cool.
Maybe we will come over before you leave.
love mom

Anonymous said...

I want a late summer this year!!
there is still water on our yard , we have had so much rain in the last month.And it is just to cold to evaporate.
ken

Anonymous said...

I don't think racoons are cuddly.

I've recently bought a new book from Chapters called, "Did Jesus Exist?". I'm pretty confident that Jesus existed and was having a full time battle with the religious authorities of his day, but the book is really about the documents and texts that have survived. Q and all that. So I'm looking forward to reading it.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Sounds good Rick, I am still trying to figure out Jesus especially in the time he lived and what he really wanted to say to us that we need to hear even in this day.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

I agree with Rick, racoons are not cuddly...they are dirty animals, that will "break into" any building and cause a lot of destruction and dirty all over. They also are ferocious, when cornered and ripped out the eye of a neighbours dog. We have had to repair many cottages that were damaged by racoons. Me too Beth, when I play for church, I sometimes get chills and tears...to hear the congregation singing such a moving hymn. In the Garden, is one. What a lovely hymn. It isn't in the hymnal that our church uses...but I "sneak in" these old time favourites, when our minister is away. I tell the congregation that "when the cat is away, the mice will play!" They love it and of course our minister knows about it...I teach her piano. Love, Nancy