Monday, October 1, 2012

BE STILL





 

















Be still and know that I am God from Psalm 46:

There is a purpose in being still. It gives one time to listen. Nature is full of the sound of life and the sound of music. The bee cannot stop buzzing, the birds sing their songs joyously and the water bubbles and falls with grace 0ver the rocks The flower speaks look at me and drink in my beauty. A sleeping child breathes quietly and the awe and wonder of life fills our hearts. Moments when the solitude of the heart speaks in whispers of loving grace; so that in the midst of our sadness there is joy unspeakable. In the midst of our fears peace comes quietly to rest upon us. Even when the night seems long and lonely I wait knowing the dawn will come!

  Be still my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I can be still now for a bit. Oh, but then there is Thanksgiving this weekend. We will have to work out what day to get together. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Be still and know that I am God. I love those words. They are especially meaningful on my solitary walks. Thanks for the psalm # Beth, I will look it up. I saw those words on a plaque on the wall of the meat shop. I hope your rash disappears soon. One of my friends has poison ivy....pretty late in the year for that! Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem mom.
Ken