Wednesday, October 17, 2012

FANTASY


 
The last of the summer roses

I would like to live in a fantasy world where everyone is happy and healthy. I would like to know that God will rescue us all from anything painful; but that is a fantasy. What I think I want or need may not make me a better person. All I can do is try to put love into action in my own life. I am realizing that God believes in our spirit of generosity, courage and selfless service to do His work in our world; and this can be painful and feel risky. I am thankful for the teachings of scripture and the wise stories told by others to help me make better decisions.

"The world stands upon three things:
Upon truth,  upon peace,  upon justice,
Speak truth to the other, establish peace
and render honest judgment in your gates"
Zech 8:16
Rabban Ben Gamiel

My dreams sometimes take me into that fantasy world.  Last night I was dreaming I visited Robbie and also Carol was with me.  Sure wish she was here.


So nice to have a quiet walk in the sunshine!
Time to think prayerfully about family members who are having difficult issues in their lives.
Time to think about the things that I am so grateful for each day; because I think it is important to realize how blessed we are to be alive in a world full of ordinary wonders.
Time to see the other's point of view.  It is a fantasy to think we all think alike especially male and females.

Lord, let me live to be useful and use the gifts I have been given,
especially to be more compassionate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courage, it is a very elusive comodity. Well, for me it is. I have been asked to voice my concerns to the owner of our company, but all I can think of is what will the repercusions be for me? If I just quietly hide in my office and do my own work while sodom and gamorah happens all around me then I am OK. I mean that figuratively of course!No raping and pillaging going on here on the quiet shores of the Fraser River. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Speaking out the truth does take courage but I think you can do it, if anyone can.
I gather that things are getting worse and your boss wants to know what the real problem is. If someone is not doing their job it affects everyone.
Things often get worse before they get better and I hope you will know what is the right thing to do.

Your mom and dad are here if you want to talk, I think we know a little bit, but advice sometimes helps.

Life can be a challenge.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Still flowers! Wow.

Love,

Rick