Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BLOWN BY THE WIND

It is unbelievable how a big wind can blow so many leaves off the trees in one night,  I went down the street to take pictures in the afternoon and some trees had half their leaves gone. Still a few colorful ones hanging on.

We just had a big fire in Port Kells which is right next to Surrey.  May have been caused by one spark in a place with a lot of inflammable containers.  One man was taken to hospital so fortunately they were all saved.  I agree Nancy-Lou fire is so scary and I glad your home was okay.

We had a fire in our basement many years ago when the children were small and Larry was working.  I heard a bang and thought I smelt smoke so hurried the children out the front door to neighbors and asked them to phone the firemen.

Then I ran around to the back of the house where the fire had started and turned the house on it.  The firemen said I did a good job.  The worst part was the whole house smelt of smoke and we had to get a machine to help get rid of the smell.  All I cared about was getting the children out.  They were small but I do not remember how small.

Dads out for lunch today.  I have improve greatly in the last day and the cream is really a step up from band aids.  Glad to be off the anti biotic pills I think they made me very tired.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did not get much of the wind at our house. Coming down with a cold, just in time for the long weekend. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I remember the oil fire and the burned out back door. I was about 6 or 7 I think, so Kenny was about 2 or 3 I suppose, and the girls between there. I remember that when it first happened I thought you were imagining things. We were in our pyjamas watching TV.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to eat yoghurt to counter act the anti biotics and put the good bacteria back in your stomach.
Glad your feeling better..
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

So glad you are feeling some better Beth. That was quite a story about the fire....your children were so small, but your quick thinking got everyone out and safe. Then you acted like a firefighter....that was courageous! We are bracing for the first snow and it may be 20cms. It won't last long though. The birds are eating non stop at our feeders.
Love, Nancy

Shawna said...

Grandma I love the picture of the leaves and the trees. It is beautiful. You have such a good eye for beautiful pictures!!! I am glad you are feeling better! Love you!

larry bennett said...

It the time of the fire I was a volunteer firfighter for our area. was at work when the chief phoned me to say he was at our house - I almost had a heart attack - but he quickly told me not to worry my wife had the fire out befor they had arrived