Monday, October 29, 2012

POWER

 
A power wind and rain storm has begun stripping the trees.                                              

I did not go to church and actually went for three short walks.  The last walk was with dad in the forest where we met one of my walking friends who actually knew dad and had worked with him at M.D.A.  Grundy and I meet him every morning when we go for our walks and he is going to catch the bus.

No we did not feel any earthquakes only heard a lot of fireworks going off.  Has anyone else had fireworks banging and blasting outside their windows?

Talked to Carol and Panteli on skype and they wanted to hear the news from here.  It sounds like they are going to sell their home.  Sure be nice if they posted a bit of news for us to read.  I was very happy to have Rick and Ken and Sandra post comments.  Just remember you do not have to read what I write but just tell me your news.  In some small way it is keeping in touch with family and friends.  I have at times thought I would stop but then as long as it works for you it works for me.

The leaves are a soggy mess all over the ground but still are beautiful.  The days are darker and wetter and colder and some strong winds threaten to turn off the power.  When I think of our old homestead and how strong the wind would beat upon the house and the huge trees would sway back and forth right in front of our windows.  There was also the rumor that the house was not safe although more comment foundation had been added.

There were several sleepless nights as the wind howled and shook the house.  I for one do not miss that.  We had no doubt of how powerful the wind was and that we were at it's mercy.

I have also experienced the power of faith that has drawn me closer to an awareness of the reality of love.  Love is the motive for why I pray.  Humility and honesty and faithfulness are powerful tools that each one of us can use.

That hurricane Sandy is frightening.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

We have been having some fireworks by our house, but not too bad so far. I think the rain at night kind of keeps them inside. Had a wonderful walk at the beack. Very warm with no wind at all. Randy missed the crashing of the waves but I prefer to just hear the sound of the seagulls and children playing. Oh, and the poor crane that Lucy kept chasing from spot to spot since the tide was so low. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great comments!

love mom

Anonymous said...



No way Jose! (hoezay!)

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Just remember you do not have to read what I write but just tell me your news.

beth bennett said...

Yes, what I write is important to me. and maybe to some others but I can understand why some may think it is just crazy.
But for those who read it please continue to comment.
Either on what I said or just their news. I love it.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Matthew wants to be a loup garou for Halloween.
Ken