Sunday, October 14, 2012

CANCELLED

Time for the moon to hide it's light and for another day to begin.

Our group meeting for Saturday evening was cancelled and we were thankful as neither dad nor I left like going.

My morning walk was almost cancelled because of the rain but what I didn't do I finished in the afternoon.  The afternoon turned sunny and there was a slight breeze so had an enjoyable walk.

Feeling a bit tired I did not do much all day except a bit of reading; so it was good to have Sandra pop in for a visit.  She is a good listener and also told us some family happy news.  Mary is doing well and the baby is the size of a poppy seed, I think.

I have this picture in my mind of Randy sitting on the bench at the football game of his favorite team in Seattle, enjoying the game but missing his wife who is out driving around trying to get tires for the car he is fixing up, in horrible traffic.    How things change after 10 years of married life!  Now it is renovating their bedroom together.  That should be fun.

Church was not cancelled but will be in the hall because it is another week with no heat.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Our church was pretty cool this morning too. We turn down the heat during the week, when it is not used. The gospel hymns went over well.
Are you in two different study groups? We don't have a study group right now.
Have you ever taken Tai Chi Beth? It is wonderful for strengthening your muscles and inner core. Tomorrow will be my third lesson. Have a restful Sunday. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Warmer here today , although rain is threatening . Randy likes the Seahawks?
Ken

Anonymous said...

Actually, Randy's game was cancelled as well. Though not so much cancelled as he did not realize that the location had been moved since they were still renovating the stadium. So I had just gotten home when he called to say he had just crossed the border. So I got to quickly make curry with the left over turkey, the very first meal I ever made him. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I love your comments.

Nancy I go to one study group and Larry and I have another group where we do a book study.

No I have not tried Tai Chi but I think it would be a good thing to do.

Too bad about Randy's game.