Thursday, October 18, 2012

COURAGE


"What do we live for,  if not to make the world less difficult for each other." -George Elliot

For some people just getting up in the morning takes courage, or just facing the everyday problems that come up in every family, facing our questions and our fears

Courage is not the absence of fear but the awareness of my responsibility and to face life with a determined attitude.  Sometimes it feels like I am always walking against the wind and then it is more difficult and I want to quit. 

Courage is sometimes facing our inner battles but it can also be dealing with difficult people and their problems or circumstances beyond our control.

I woke up Wed. morning completely chilled and feeling dizzy.  I tried my hot coffee and then put on long underwear, two sweaters, two pair of socks, gloves and a scarf and covered myself with blankets.  It reminded me of when I went into shock getting a blood transfusion. 

What a way to  start the day!
 I was a bit  better by the afternoon and I will just hope it does not happen again.

It was annoying as I had several things I needed to do.  Dad went to the store and delivered things to the church and then went for his walk.  I had planned to clean up the yard to put the compost out the next day. 

Our neighbors from way down the street came in the dark night to warn us that a prowler has been seen in the neighborhood and that there has been several break ins.  A lot of strange people walk through our walk way that I do not recognize but I will be a little more on the alert now. 

 "The ideals that have lighted my way, and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been kindness, beauty and truth,"   Albert Einstein

I need to remind myself of these things and sometimes laugh at my stupid mistakes and lack of patience and lack of courage.  This is now Thurs. morning and today I hope to go visiting. 
 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Maybe you should even take away the key from it's non-hiding place?
Have you made an apointment with Dr Nolte yet? Randy went yesterday and I am going next Friday. I think when it comes to courage, nothing it quite as scairy when you face it as it appears when you are running from it. Sandra

larry bennett said...

So true Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Mom. I hate that chilled-to-the-bone feeling myself.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

I am feeling fine now.
love mom

Don Quixote said...

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”
― C. JoyBell C.

http://maxginez3.blogspot.com/