Saturday, October 27, 2012

TREASURES

                     "For where ever your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Math. 6:21

There are so many things in life to be treasured.  I treasure the gifts that fill my house with memories.  Little treasures from family and friends.  I treasure the many experiences of life, both times of sickness and times of wellness because there were lessons to be learnt in both. 

The monk in the story I am reading,"The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" tells the young boy who is now blind that a person's greatest treasure is the wisdom in his own heart.  The explanation for suffering is that it is woven into each one of our lives and  that it is unavoidable.  Life a gift that can at times be a puzzle.

I treasure my books and all the words that I can read and that make an impression on my life.  I treasure the words that are spoken and the voices that say them.

I treasure the time I spend visiting, sitting listening and just being present.  I know that illness can be a time of  loneliness because  you feel separated from others who are busy with so many things.

Dad and I drove into see Robbie and Chuck and she was in good spirits.  Afterwards Sandra dropped by and looked over my garden with me and then we went out for Pizza.  Very enjoyable.  What a treasure Sandra is to her co-workers helping them during pregnancy and also being there to see the new little ones.!

I treasure with the greatest happiness the moment when each one of my children was born!

I treasure these moments and also that we can drive out to Chilliwack to see Morgan play soccer; which means we are up and out early but it is worth it.  We may see Ben's game too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gluten free pizza??!! Is there such a thing?

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

Well we decided to get to chillicack in time for a change to see the soccer game. We made an effort - got to the field - in the rain- stood around and couldnt find the right game - went over to Theresa's - there found out we were an hour early!! Anyway watched the game in the very rainy- cold weather- but with warm hearts as we cheered little morgan as she did her very best.

beth bennett said...

Yes, there is glutin free pizza. More and more people are avoiding gluten and our last two waiters were celiac.

We were very chilled and wet but happy to see Morgan playing.

We were too cold to hang around for Ben's game and he was disappointed and so were we.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Soccer should be a summer sport !!
Ken