Friday, May 30, 2014

BLACK OR WHITE

P5291155
Life is like a picture waiting to be coloured.

Nothing is ever just black and white; there will be happy moments and moments of worry and concern.  I look for my phone to take with me and it has already gone missing.  Dad thinks he has seen it but cannot remember where so that is not too helpful.  I had put it in a safe place!

My house is pretty clean but could be cleaner, so I am very thankful when Leah comes to give it a real good clean. My day has been planned and I am thankful for something worthwhile to do.  Jim seems a bit better and brighter and now wants to live to his birthday Aug. 4.
when he turns 85.  We dot not talk much but sit silently together.

Some of it is ordinary, enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day, going for a walk with dad's big rain coat on in the pouring rain, taking pictures as I walk, putting laundry on, picking up prescriptions, washing the bathroom floor, trying to think about what to have for supper,  the usual everyday tasks.  Some of it takes more effort and energy, especially trying to be happy and cheerful when I go visiting and at home too.
 
Dad and I drive to White Rock to pick up my special bread leaving
Leah vacuuming with our old machine clanking and banging and doing a great job.
 
 
Before I know it,  it is time to go visiting I am glad it has stopped raining 
and the day brightens up a bit.  Soon it's time for the hockey game.  Too bad Montreal lost.
 
"Wear your heart on your sleeve today and let the world know how much love you have inside you.
Hug as many people  or make as many people smile as you can."    -  Demi Lovato

Sunny week-end promised by the perky female announcer on the news last night.  Sure they can be notoriously wrong but hopefully she is right this time.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

It will be very tough to do my house work tomorrow. Even though it is not my first day in the garden I am finally getting to the fun stuff, and soon will just be weeding. You and dad will have to stop by this weekend. Sandra

beth bennett said...

We should be able to do that. We have no great plans. Work to do around here of course.
Will phone on my new phone!

Wonderful to have a sunny morning.
love mom

Shandel said...

We are looking forward to a bright sunny weekend. We have had rain the past few days and lots of dark clouds. no sun. It sure takes a toll on us and even the animals...when there is no sun.

Tonight we celebrate my mother's birthday. It was on Wed but time for a little party tonight and fun gifts. i love giving gifts, lots of excitement and surprise. I picked up a fresh hand made raw berry cheesecake. Delish!

Tomorrow we are celebrating Alice and Kenzie's birthdays, so will be great to have lots of nice weather so the kids can play outside. busy busy is right! we have been doing things everyday this week. we are exhausted haha Even at our young age, we can feel the time catching up to us. Its important more then ever to have good sleep and lots of good food to nourish us.

Happy gardening and happy weekend. lots of love to you all. Chat soon!
XO

larry bennett said...

Sounds like fun times ahead.
love grama

Anonymous said...

Off to work , late shift! Darwin airport closed due volcanic ash fallout from Indonesia . Neighbours are having a birthday party , 1:30pm , and the music is loud and giving me a head ache. What will it be like at 1am when I get home. Nonna looked after the kids the last two days as Melin has been doing full shift this week. Great help.
Ken
Chicago leading with 3mins to go as I leave for work.
Great game.

beth bennett said...

Evidently our neighbors hear the noise from the new restaurant and are not happy about it. The pub gets noisy when the hockey is on.

We are okay so that is good.

I am sure Nonna loves having the kids.

We saw a picture of the volcanic ash fallout. Amazing.

Take care love mom