Friday, May 9, 2014

EVENNINGS

DSCN2610
DSCN2607There is something magical about the first spring evenings when the sun is shining with sparkles off these colourful leaves.The grass seems so green and fresh and all our hearts rejoice in the magic of spring.

Yesterday dad went to the doctor and the doctor was pleased to see him  He is concerned about dad's weight loss and actually weighed him.  He is have a blood test for his thyroid so that is good.

We stopped in at the little bakery to get some more bread.  I have a loaf for Shandel if she would like to try it and one for Theresa and Kim.The next picture was taken when we left after having supper with the family on Tues.  Lots of room for babies to crawl around in and explore.

Leah surprised me by coming over on yesterday just as I was preparing to leave for the Senior's home.  Yes the manager had ordered a taxi for Jim to go to the dentist at Peace Arch Hospital.  He had three teeth pulled and was already on antibiotics.  He can only have liquids so was delighted to have the milkshake.  I was thankful he as not in pain anymore.

I was pleased to see Leah as the house was in need of a good clean.  I do not know if I am just tired or tired of doing house work or a bit of both.  Dad needed a restful day too after all the work he had been doing in the yard.

I think we have certainly messed up what it means to be a Christian.  It is not our goodness and self righteousness but his grace that reveals Love is vulnerable and that family is always family even when they wander off to do their own things.  He waits.   He knows.  He forgives and forgets.
He is unconditional Love!

Dad and I had an old folks supper of soup and toast and after watched  hockey.  Outside the clouds decided to dump some more heavy rain on us.  Glad I enjoyed the sunny evening when I did.

Michael John has returned home and the others may go to the aquarium. 

Dad has some heavy blocks to put near his fence but he rested yesterday.

7 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Don't forget the "u" in colourful!

Yes, the evening sunlight (magic-hour they call it in the movies) can be the best light of the day!

Good thing Dad went to the doctor.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

Grandma! how lovely for you to think of me when buying GF bread. I would love to try it out. :D Cameron and i also enjoy soup and toast. sometimes grilled cheese. :D i have been making soup from scratch with my awesome blender.

My dad's procedure went very well last Friday.They found ZERO blockages or any major concerns.They told him that his heart is under stress from being diabetic! and that is also why his feet are in so much pain. They started him right away on insulin and he is doing SO much better. It is like someone turned the light switch back on inside him. Thank goodness. Tonight he is throwing Cameron a birthday bbq party :D so fun. We have some gifts lined up and i think Cameron will be very surprised! Sun is shining and he is out working hard. This is the last day of his training and he is on his own next week.

I sent out some cards, but i dont think they will arrive in time for Mothers Day , but I guess that is what i normally do so you wont be too surprised haha

Have a beautiful weekend
love Shandel

larry bennett said...

Thanks family for coming to help I really really appreciate it

Glad the sun has come out today.
love mom

Sandra said...

Yes, we would have come over and helped with the pavers if we knew. We had a good day at the aquarium. The babies liked looking at all the fish and slept all the way home. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Nice picture of the sun on the leaves. We don't have any leaves yet, but there are small buds forming. The crocus are just blooming in the forest...a month late.

Glad to hear Larry is seeing the doctor and hope that he feels better. Especially his feet! Don't lift those heavy pads Larry, put one of your son-in laws to work!

We are fortunate that a neighbour fellow will come and work, when we need him. He raked the yard for us today. but there still is a little snow.

It sounds like your timing with the milkshake for Jim was spot on!
Poor guy, having teeth trouble at that age. Good for you, faithful visitor!

Sometimes when I make a pot of soup we just have soup and baking powder biscuits for supper. I have to make gluten free for myself and regular for Carl. I freeze them afterwards and they are so handy to pop in the microwave.

I visited the local greenhouse and literally drooled over the beautiful plants. But I restrained myself to two geraniums....the dark red ones and some portulaca. They are so cheery in the house. I will go back in about two weeks, when it will be warmer and I can leave them in the sunroom. The nights ar too cold...down to 2 degrees.

Have a lovely weekend. I guess you will be seeing the babies again! They are adorable!

Love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

AHHH, the Bennett family is amazing....the pavers are done! Fantastic!

So glad to hear that Shandel's Dad had good news on his test.
I have a friend who suffered a long time with diabetes and finally relented to insulin and the needle and it was like he was reborn. Good for your dad!

love, Nancy

Shandel said...

thank you Nancy, its a shame that it happens and sometimes in the end is self inflicted but you know if we have the medicine and technology well then its best to use it and get on with your life. I am happy and i thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. XO