Monday, May 26, 2014

HOMEWARD BOUND

DSCN2507
I may not stop and smell the roses but I stop and take pictures.
 
Up one street and down another.
Finally back home again.  It does not matter if I have just been out for a walk
or out visiting or shopping I am always glad to be home.

Sunday morning dad and I took off for the appointment  at the Jim Patterson X-ray place.  Dad even watched a T.V. show about building fences and decks while he was waiting.  Every thing went smoothly as it is well organized. We came home and made something to eat and dad turned on the World Hockey. 

Sandra turned up to muck about in my garden.   I got tired out try to keep up with her as she flew branches and weeds out from the overgrown mess. and I try to clean them up. She also took some plants home and I will check on them the next time we are at their place.  I have a picture to put on later.

Although we were quite happy to settle in for the day we keep our promise to visit Howard.  He was having a sleepy day, so he slept while we visited with Leah.  Very boring for her when he has one of these days and yet other days he can be very talkative.  We enjoyed talking to Leah and before we knew it,  time for her to leave and for us too.

Home for a short nap before the hockey game and started to read my "Jesus" book.  I put the pictures on last night.

Monday will be a work day.  Dad wants to work on the gate.

It seems that scholars agree that Jesus was born not at home but in a stable or cave in Bethlehem, with each writer focusing on  different parts of the life of Jesus.  Their writings were not meant to be historical but more a religious document to help people understand and believe in Jesus Christ.  Reading these stories one must use one's faith but also one's reason, aware of the culture and the religious atmosphere at that time.

What really happened at the birth of Jesus we may never know but it was a miracle that promised to change the future.

Mystical experiences are hard to verbalize and thus hard to share or explain.  Modern minds have a hard time believing in the miraculous because it seems to us out of the realm of possibility.  Changing water into wine, healing the sick, raising the dead or giving sight to the blind all seems impossible. 

A miraculous pregnancy is not beyond God!   Miracles do happen!
 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

After I left your house I worked another hour in my garden before crashing. Thank goodness Randy had made supper. That was nice of Howard to let you and Leah visit. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you again Sandra. You are amazing when it comes to planting gardens and planning parties.

Dad and I are pleased with the way it looks.

Thanks from a grateful mom.

love mom

Anonymous said...

More dramas taking Matthew to school. He got there in the end. Fingers crossed that it is only a stage. He is doing well learning. Just claims no one will play with him. Jassy's is no trouble !! Melina is still not 100% , head ache and feels dizzy.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Hope this is just a little stage - hang in there. Never a dull moment when you have little ones - and kittens - and a dog - and a wife not feeling well and and etc ....

Just finished the first period with LA and the Hawks - looks like the series will end soon.

dad

nancy-Lou said...

Glad the scan went well Beth. One more test to get behind you. I am so glad you are able to go for your walks again and are getting stronger.
What are your thoughts about Jesus having a wife and family? I am curious. Some say Mary Magdalene was his wife.

Well today was the first day in a week I was strong enough to have a shower in many days...so that is something! I am seeing my doctor tomorrow morning. The bronchitis is awful and cutting off my airways..even with using puffers. I have been hoarse for two weeks.
I see my doctor in the morning.

Thank-you for your prayers...they are so much appreciated.

love, Nancy