Saturday, May 31, 2014

RAINY DAYS

P5291158
I am always a few days behind myself.  This was early Thursday morning with it's heavy rain showers.  Lots of umbrellas.  First I met the people off to work waiting for the bus.  It takes about 40 minutes before I turn the corner and then mingle with the young people going to school.  They too are carrying umbrellas and walk a lot faster than me. 

The rain does keep the grass and trees all glowing with the greenness of spring.
 I love the pictures that the raindrops make on the flowers etc.

Dad and I had a busy day on Thursday.  He did a lot of cleaning up in the garage and fixed our vacuum cleaner and found some tools he could pass on to Leah.

I visited at the Senior's Home and met some new people.  I just hang out at a table or on a chesterfield and met anyone who wants to have a chat.  This is in addition to my two regulars Tina and Jim.

P5291168  One chap gave me his e-mail address.  That was a first. 

We both felt like we had accomplished a lot for us that is.

I am so thankful to come home to a nice clean house which I have never had that before, although maybe I have and have forgotten.   Thank you Leah.

Glad it is sunny on this Friday morning and I will take a few more pictures when there is a little more light.  I feel like I am returning to normal, most of the days I walk.  I run into trouble trying to go a little extra far. 

I am now rewarming my coffee up for the third time and dad wonders why I just do not start over again.  Silly question.

For those of us who are seeking Jesus in the present I realize that all the experiences I have had have been covered by the grace of God, and have led me to where I am today.  The baptism of Jesus in the Jordan river by John the Baptist does not separate him from his boyhood and growing up years but is a confirmation of his sense of a new mission.

So I understand there is no post-conversion person and pre-conversion person.  I am the same person in a variety of ways, the past informing and form the present!

God is at work at all times!

If we view baptism as a confirmation of our willingness to allow God to change us from within with a change of heart and a sense of a new direction.

This is a quote by Maya Angelou who died just this passed week.  She did a lot to help young negro girls like herself fight for themselves and a better life.
"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use the more you have."

"We are destined to be God's child.  Each and everyone of us is on this earth for a reason.  You are precious and unique,"  -anonymous

The world has a responsibility to fight for the girls and women that are being abused here and in countries like India.  I feel sick when I read what is happening there.

Scandalous and I pray for justice and change.

5 comments:

beth bennett said...

I have gone back over my blog and corrected some errors.
What a mess of it all I made. O well. Today is a new day!

Forgot to mention dad also went for a walk yesterday. He has done a good job with his gate and fence especially at his age.

Feeling my age with some aches and pains this morning but it will be a wonderful day. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Good rainy day photo!

It is very nice that Leah is helping out.

Love,

Rick

PS Did Dad finish the new fence?

beth bennett said...

Yes I believe it is finished and now the weeds have to be pulled and some grass growing.

Also need to get rid of wood and some old tires. Thanks for saying you like my picture.

Leah is a great help to me and also to Vera and Howard they sure appreciate her.

Love mom

Sandra said...

I skyped Mary and Simone this morning, went for my walk, and hate the weeds growing out in the alley so much I came home and spent the next hour cleaning that up. And look at all the activity I have missed in the meantime. I bought a new Kindle book yesterday when I got home from work and ended up reading till 10:30. I has been a long time since that has happened. If you are going to pop over call first. I have to take 3 animals to the vet at 1:30

beth bennett said...

We are very slow today. Dad wants to take the old tires away but is still on his computer.

I have to get some veggies over at the store and pull weeds.

What was the book you were reading?

I rather doubt we will make it. Tomorrow we have book club either at 2:30 or 6:30. No one wants to be indoors on a sunny Sunday and we have not even read the book. Hard to study right now.
Sorry about your animals. Do you have a cute vet. or something?
love mom