Thursday, May 15, 2014

BRIGHT EYES

DSCN5018
Dad and I drove over to say good-bye to little bright eyes.

Tears fill my eyes as it comes time to say good-bye.

Yes, it is better to say "See you later alligator."

DSCN5019
It has been truly wonderful having a visit from Mary and her and of course Shawna and Lincoln and both Michael John and Stephen.  We know the next time we see them the little ones,they will have grown a lot and will be walking and talking.
DSCN5020
Simone is dancing to the music.  I do not know if it is the teddy bear or the guitar but she gets into the swing of things.
It is sad to say good-bye but we have so many happy memories.
We went over early in the morning so Mary made me a bite of lunch before I went to our Bible group.  I learn a lot by listening to the answers of others and we also laugh a lot even if we may not agree on every detail.
Both Randy and dad were busy working in their yards.  The pool at Sandra’s house is looking very inviting especially as the weather gets warmer.
I am hoping Sandra will have some time to come over and help me figure out what are weeds and what are flowers.  I nearly asked some passers by as I carefully walked among my growing jungle.
The hockey game was extra exciting and we were cheering quietly compared to the gang over at Brown’s Social House.  We can just walk over anytime we want to join in the cheering fans there.

Last night at our church they had invited two faculty members to speak on "Kwantlen Polytechnic  and how we can learn more about each other.  I do hope they had a good turn out.  Years ago we would have been there.  I find that a lot of people are feeling tired of meetings and wanting to enjoy the good weather.  I know I am.

Time now to press publish and pray and walk.

7 comments:

Shandel said...

Simone sure does have bright eyes. great little nick name, what a cutie pie.
Saying goodbye is hard, but maybe see ya later is better. then you know there will always be another visit. :D
Cameron says thanks for the card and the gift. It arrived right on time

nancy-Lou said...

It won't be long and little bright and Lincoln will be back to visit...showing off their new skills of walking and beginning to talk. In the meantime skype makes it handy to visit. What exciting, bonding times you have had with them, this visit!
I do hope that one day, we will be great grandparents too...but Carly needs to go to college first!

Wasn't that a great hockey game? It was so fast and thrilling...and they beat Big Bad Boston...yeah! That rivalry goes back many years...now on to New York.

I am assuming the talk at your church was in regards to a residential school. That is such a sad story. I cannot believe the government enforced those poo kids to live in those schools. We have Fort Alexander or as it is now called Sagkeegn about 25 kms away and there was a large residential school there too. Some of the kids were taken from their families on the reserve and adopted to white families, all over.

My neighbour across the street is one of the children that was taken away....and a finer person you would never meet. He has dedicated his life to fostering kids....and does a magnificent job. His life story would make you cry.

Today is bath day for my dogs....wish me luck!

Have a wonderful day,
Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

A very busy morning today as Lucy is still having diarrhea, all over the laundry room last night, and Simone was in a mood and only wanted to be held by her mommy, plus I hurt my shoulder at work so it is very painful to move. But, Mary managed to get packed and onto the plain. It is very hard to see them all leave. I am so thankful that they are at least in Canada and only a car or plain ride away. Sandra

beth bennett said...

So Nancy have you ever tried to bath a cat? That can be a challenge.

The hockey sure was exciting which is good after a very dull season.

Off to visit Jim today. Larry is talking to the neighbor about our joint fence.

A perfect day, just the right temperature. Using my cane to walk around in the garden between the rocks and the hard places so it is still coming in handy.
love beth

beth bennett said...

Sandra you are
surely having a difficult time.
Can you give Lucy some medicine?
Is Randy home today
Are you going to the doctor or can you go home early?
I think I would be tempted to just sit around and cry!
But you are right at least they are not in Australia like some kids of mine!
Take care thinking of you.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

my vet recommended giving my dog Pepto Bismal for diaheria it worked well. I used a syringe without the needle to shoot it in her mouth. The doses per weight are on the internet. Awful thing for Sandra..especially when she is so busy and not feeling well! I hope it all gets better soon!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures you took of Simone. We loved having you and Grampa over. it is nice to have some time to talk just us. It can be busy with other people around. Thank you for taking time out of your day to say goodbye! We love you both so much. Go Habs! :)

Mary