Saturday, May 17, 2014

SUSPICION

DSCN5023

This is the road out of Sandra’s street and it is delightful.  I am suspicious I have put this picture on before?
I fell out of bed the other night but I have my suspicions that I was pushed. 

I count my blessings that I live on a street and in a country where I do not have to be suspicious of anyone.  And if some one does look suspicious I just stay clear of them.

I am reading a book called “The Diary of Hanna, 1938 – 1941.  She was a Jew when Hitler’s shadow looms over Europe.  She can no longer be seen openly with her lover, a Christian, so she begins to write to him in her diary.  She  was a Jewish Czech and as the rumors spread she loses her job and her friends and her family who move away.  She does not know where  her boyfriend is at this time.

She manages to get a passport and join her parents in Kralupy  (Prague) and is trained to be a cook. At least when you read a novel you find at the end who was the good guy or the bad guy.  Now she is suspicious of everyone.  She leaves to find work as a nanny in London but finds the language difficult.
 
 March, 14 Hitler marching into Czechoslovakia. 
So many areas were already Germen and she spoke both Czech and German.

I am so thankful for the freedom of expression we have here.  We do not have to be suspicious of others.

I am thankful for our library and the good books I find there.  A  good way for me to learn about history.   Dad and I did get to the library today and to the store.  I started to feel a little faint I do not know if it was hunger or tiredness or just too many books. So home to eat and rest.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I do not think you put that picture up before, not so sure about Dad not "helping" you to fall out of bed though.

I am very thankful for the country we live in as well. I do not watch the news very often but when I do it is unbelievable what becomes normal in other places of the world.

Hoping to get some real yard work done this weekend. Randy's kids show up in a month, so he wants to help. When it comes to anything other than cutting the grass I usually have to drag Randy outside, so this is nice.

After work yesterday I came home and fell asleep on the couch and Randy worked outside for 2-3 hours!

Sandra

Shandel said...

Haha i would like to think Grandpa wouldnt push you out of bed. but i did have a nice laugh out loud about that. THOUGH after i thought maybe it wasnt very nice becuz you could have been hurt.

I also am extremely grateful for where we live and how beautiful our country is. Not living in fear or being in panic. Its very sunny here today and i hope it stays for our long weekend.

Enjoy the yard work, I think i will be recruited to do some at my dads too.

beth bennett said...

Still a little dizzy so will not be bending down. Maybe allergies.
Looking forward to the hockey game. I do not know if we should visit Howard as Vera is at a funeral but fortunately Leah is there.
I landed on a bunch of pillows that I pile up for when I am reading. I thought it was funny too.
Love mom