Saturday, May 24, 2014

THAT SPOOKY SPIRIT

 I was taught to say the Holy Ghost not the Holy Spirit.  This brought a picture of Casper the friendly ghost to my mind,  so it was not a scary thought.  I had to laugh at the book that I am reading that calls the Spirit "that spooky spirit".  I think that spooky spirit must be wandering around here hiding things but I get the blame, and I am often the culprit.  I look and look.

Panteli dropped by to say a quick good-bye and get on with organizing his trip.  Dad and I looked at doing some things in the yard but it was all too muddy and instead I had a rest and he went to the library.  Hopefully today will be a better day to do some of the things we have planned.

Everybody in our family seems busy making plans which we are delighted to hear about.

Sandra did drop by and I did not even notice her black eye until she pointed it out to us.  Gardening can be very dangerous.  I hope the things she is trying will increase her energy and renew her strength.  We are pleased she is trying some alternate medicine which if you are not satisfied with the treatment your doctor is giving you go for it!  It is not easy being tired all the time.  I came home and my stomach felt very bloated and I think it was because of what I ate.  I will have to be more careful and not trust people to know if some food is okay.

Dad and I enjoyed having supper with her at the White Spot.  She is hoping to buy lots of plants at the United Church sale today and then come over here and see what she can dig up.  This year all my plants have really grown and probably need to be separated

There needs to be no divide between the sacred and the secular if  there is a realization that God is in all things.  We have not been called to convert but to restore what has been lost and to continue to build and plan for our futures.  I am concerned about so many people who are fighting illness right now and am praying for their healing.
DSCN2751

The work continues.  The creative spirit continues to breath new life into each one of us.  I create my blog because I enjoy doing it.

 Dad enjoys creating with wood and hammer and nails.

Yesterday morning the rain poured down on me out walking.  There were not many walkers and even the dogs had rain coats on.  I was happy because we really needed some rain and the refreshment it would bring.   I am thankful for the rain.  It takes both the rain and the sunshine to create growth and new life.  I am thankful for the words of encouragement I have received lately.  This is especially helpful when I feel clumsy and slow and hopeful of further healing.

Even when we are ill our bodies are incredible machines!

Today looks promising.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend. Carol and I will try Skyping in the next cvouple of days! xo
Panteli

Sandra said...

Thank you for the reminder about the plant sale. I did stop at David Hunters on the way home and got some annuals for under the tree out front. I have been very stressed by the bare dirt out there. I feel pressured to have mine look as nice as all these people who have gardeners come every week. Theirs are so pretty and I am kind of hap hazard at how I plan things. Which is funny. Because I decided to do a very formal mass planting of the same annuals under that tree, but that is not what I walked out with! Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

On this point (and it may well be the only one) I'm with the Muslims: there is no god but god. Casper is cute but nothing more. :)

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thank you Panteli. Have a safe journey and happy landings!
love xo Beth

Anonymous said...

Is that the completed fence ?? Melina has been sick the last three days , she is feeling better now. I have one more early shift (monday) then two days off . What alterneritive is Sandra using ??
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sorry to hear about Melina and hope and pray she will be better soon.

Sandra is going to a natural path right by our house and getting something to build up her adrenals. She had part of her thyroid taken out but the doctors insist it is okay without treatment. I will see how this helps her. Give us a phone call on your days off.
love mom