Friday, May 23, 2014

MISSING

DSCN2736

                                                      Yes I have finally left the soccer game!

What a scare to have Peanut go missing.  Maybe she was looking for you.

Dad had a walk in the water-shed park on Wed. he has been missed by his dog walking friends.
DSCN2737
She is not answering her door again and the lawn looks very, very
 over-grown.  Her good friend who has had a disastrous fall waits for her to visit.  Lily, who has had the accident sends a friend down so that she knows the news.

I drop by to see Lily and she is worried about her friend not coming to visit.  I volunteer to bring her over for a visit.  Then I worry about getting involved. These are two strong willed and opinionated ladies.
I know they have both been missing their visits with each other.

They were both so happy and so was I.

We have missed our visits from Sandra but we have been busy and she had lots to catch up on at home.

In 1296 the pride of Scotland, the Destiny Stone was stolen, and placed under the throne seat in Westminster Abbey.  The movie The Destiny Stone tells the true story of four university students attempt and succeed in stealing it back.  It is a hilarious true story of this very heavy stone that goes missing.  They are caught but not sent to Jail.  The stone was returned to England and then returned to Scotland but will again be returned to sit under the throne seat at the next Coronation.

Dad is finishing the missing part of the fence which is the gate and it is looking good.

I missed most of the hockey game because I could not keep my eyes open but did see the over-time goal and I think it was because I missed my afternoon nap!

I wonder if we miss the real message of Jesus which is to love one another and to recognize that at any age we can be fragile and easily hurt.  We all mess up things at times and life is too precious for us to let our messiness keep us stuck!

I will miss church on Sunday because I am having a bone scan at that time.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I leave for Caymans tomorrow night and have a brief meeting in Surrey at 10:30. Planning to drop by to say Hi and Bye on my way home. :)
Panteli

Sandra said...

A bone scan on Sunday? I am missing the noise, as I knew I would. It is very quiet here, especially so since Randy has been on afternoons. I will see you later today. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

AHHHH Beth, you did a kind and thoughtful thing in getting those two stubborn old ladies together!Most people would never think to do it, let alone to act on their thoughts. Another good deed!

I can't get over how much Ben has grown....he is really tall and looks so smart in his uniform. Good action shots...they are hard to do!

I just got back from having another treatment at the hospital..two inhalation therapy masks..my bronchi were really tight and my oxygen levels were lower...so I may go back this afternoon. I have to go tonight, for sure, but Bob will drive me.it is a hassle, but when you are sick you do what you have to do. The nurse thought I might be having asthma problems as well and that could be very true with all the snow mould, dust and now flowering trees.

We stopped at the Tim Horton's on the reserve. I placed my order and the naive fellow asks, treaty number? I laughed and said I WISH I had one, can I use yours?
He sure laughed heartily! The hwy we use to go to our closest town, doctors, hospital etc follows along the Winnipeg River...and it is so beautiful.Especially when the sun was glinting off the river. The Cour Des Bois used it as aa trading route during the fur trading years.So much history here. The hwy goes through part of the Indian REServe, Sagkeeng. Actually our doctor's office is on the reserve but he is ill, so we go to the hospital in Pine Falls.

How waas your visit with the senior's and cranky pants?

Have a good day, you two,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy,

I have missed your comments so have been praying for you. Sounds like you have gotten run down and caught a bad bug. You must be extremely tired with your poor breathing.

I spilt the milkshake on the way to see Cranky Jim but only the whipped cream fell off. He is too sick to talk very much with his heart and lung problems. He says he does not want to go to hospital but he should be there. He tells me that everyone that goes ends up dying. He wants to stay there and die. His daughter came up while I was talking to some one else but did not stay long.
Little Louise who was a nun and who taught children and who loves music is going down mentally very quickly. She says she feels doomed and I cannot cheer her up.

I am sorry to hear your situation has gotten worse but good you still have a sense of humor.

Thinking of you both and praying for you both. love beth

larry bennett said...

Nancy - sorry to hear you medical problems are not improving. That is still a fairly long drive to pine falls - I drove along for a bit on google earth - through the reserve and to pine falls - it is a lovely drive - the hospital looks very new, and modern - that is good. Hope two two have a peaceful drive back today.
larry

nancy-Lou said...

Thanks for you replies, Beth and Larry. I chuckled at your spilling just the whipped cream!Good catch!
I hope it didn't get on your clothes. One time I spilled almost a whole bowl of onion soup on my pants in a restaurant and living out of town I had no choice but to go to the ladies shop....with a wet bum, and buy another pair! I sure got the looks!
Too bad about the little former nun...so sad when they ahve given up.
Larry, what a great idea to google drive part of HWY 11. Did you get to the power dam in Powerview? Powerview is an adjacent town to Pine Falls. There are five power dams along the Winnipeg River. Thus the tall banks along the river at the reserve.
Thanks for missing me, Beth. I was in the hospital. Tomorrow is my last day for the inhalation therapy. I had a strep throat first...then bronchitis. I am getting stronger today. Might not admit it to Carl as I am rather enjoying being catered too! He BBQ'd for the first time in many years! AND he sat in the veranda and caught about a hundred flies with the vacuum cleaner.Sooo he can do things....who would have "thunk"?