Thursday, May 22, 2014

SKILLED

DSCN2698DSCN2703DSCN2702
DSCN2710
Our great grandson Ben works so very hard to become skilled and to become the best goalie he can be.  He is very focused and present watching every move of his teammates.  It takes a mental ski;; and also a lot of hard work.  He is disappointed when he feels he could do better and I want him to know how proud of him we are for all the effort he puts into his games!  Plus he can do a rainbow kick!  That is kick it around the back of your head to the front.

Developing life skills is always challenging.  The challenge is different for everyone of us and different at every stage of our lives.  Emotionally physically and even spiritual we are all different but share our humanity.  We all need lots of praise!

We can learn from our past experiences but I have often found that it was prayer that helped me to cope.

Reading the book of miracles I am reminded of how closely connected we are and how miracles do happen even in ordinary ways.
Twins girls that were separated at birth and put up for adoption  in China end up meeting in the States after several years and become apart of a united family group.  Just one of the amazing stories that seem to good to be true and can only be viewed as a miracle.

On my walk yesterday  was debating how to best get in touch with Lee our secretary at church.  Should I phone or email.  I just got home from my walk and the phone rang and it was Lee and we both had the very same thoughts about some changes that could be made.  I know that this often happens that we are thinking of some one and they are thinking of us but it is still amazing to me.

"Many New Testament passages have also taken on greater meaning because of particular events in my life writes James Martin, SJ in his book    -    "Jesus".
When you encounter Scripture at a critical moment it often feels as if you have never seen that passage before.  You notice something new and the passage takes on unmistakeable  urgency.
I'll be clear about what comes from the gospels, the Christian tradition, and historical research and my own personal Prayer."

I am looking forward to reading this book by this skilled author and researcher.

But today is Milkshake day and it sure comes around fast.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

Sukhi and I both had a moment like that yesterday, we were wondering what ever happened to the afternoon cookie routine. Apparently it stopped when Candice left on maternity leave. Peanut had her first escape from our yard. She was probably out for a couple of hours. Good thing she stuck to our regular walk route, it is pretty safe and I was able to find her right away. Randy never believes me when I say dont leave them outside. Sandra

Sandra said...

Oh, and I am taking Lucy to the vet at 11:00 tomorrow, so I will probably be a bit later coming over.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, and it was fun watching Ben play soccer, Morgan doing handstands, then watching the hockey game with you guys!
xo Panteli