Monday, May 19, 2014

THE WAY


The minister talked about the Way of Jesus Christ which was a way that opens us up to God and to each other.  Others have different ideas of the way that is important to them and we need to listen and listen for what is healthy and important for others that builds a foundation of respect.

Sadly the church has turned the way into dogma that restricts and shuts others out.  I know what is important to be as I journey on my way of faith but I can listen without changing others to this way.
DSCN2671

DSCN2679
Ben on his way to score a goal but he shoots it a little two high.  Excellent kicker.  The way to find his game among the many being played was difficult and we started out by parking at the wrong side. I was starting out to look while dad phoned on the cell phone and listened to Theresa give us advice.  Dad with his very sore feet cannot do a lot of walking.

There was lots of action but not easy to capture even though I ran up and down the field.


DSCN2666
DSCN2672
Waiting for the right moment.
DSCN2685DSCN2678
Our man in motion.

Proud great grandparents!  We went to the restaurant after and all it did was make us all sleepy.  Dad and I came home and did not stay for the 4 o'clock game although I was game. I  hope we can go again to-morrow to see Ben play goal.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

It doesn't sound like you guys got the rain at the soccer field. It poured out rain here. So much so I closed the back door because it was too loud. Haiti was a good dog as usual. They all had fun barking at the dog next door. Just waiting for Randy to wake up then we will take them all for a walk. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Ben is quite the athlete, that's for sure!

I'm sure that even if you go to only one game that it is much appreciated.

I was just thinking about how Grandpa Bennett (Walter) came down to Winskill Park to watch me play baseball when I was 13 or 14, and how pleased I was about that.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

The field looks much better than the gravel ones I played on as a kid. LUXURY !!
Matthew not liking school at the moment , tears and he says he doesn't want to go. Hopefully it's just a phase .

Ken

beth bennett said...

Is Matthew being teased or something? I hope it is just a phase. Does he hear well enough.

love mom