Saturday, May 10, 2014

SILENCE SPACIOUSNESS

DSCN2616
“Take time to be silent.”  The Bible

It is only in the silence that I feel the spirit that comes to nourish me. 

I like my mornings that begin silently it is like an undeserved blessing that comes with age.  I appreciate the kind smiles I receive on my walks just as much as the kind words.  There is a joy that comes when I am peaceful and trusting that the goodness is all around me.

I love the way babies laugh when you make funny faces and their curiosity about everything.  t Sandra's house the babies move surrounded by big dogs with their wagging tails!

Each day on my walk the blossoms open up and fill the world with fresh colour and new life.  Lots of little white butterflies flying around our garden.  I did a little digging and got nice and dirty.

Yesterday the wind blew me along on my walk.  Dad worked most of the day on the back yard and even got the pump working for our little water fall.  We love the sound.

Thank you Rick for my very special Mother's day card it was appreciated and It got here right on time.

We will be seeing the little ones to-morrow and looking forward to Randy's cooking ; a roast this time!

It is so amazing to be spending time with the family that I have loved deeply most all if my life.
I think it is just a small gathering although Oliver may join us from the Island.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Maybe it is having had 4 children and a zillion grandchildren that makes you love silence so much! Not that I am saying it is noisy around here, just it takes a lot more work to get to the silence at the end of the day. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad the card arrived on time. Always a bit nerve-wracking.

Yes, silence can be very important.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Dad's fence looks good . Mother's Day here . I got up early to watch the golf.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...


I really like your blog today...such words of appreciation and wisdom. I like the things you like, Beth, silence beautiful flowers and trees, smiles, digging and getting dirty.
You are having such wonderful times with your family! lots of visits and lots of help....so blessed in many ways. We are too! Our son Mark, brought us Caesar salad and pizza for supper last night and had a good visit.

Also spent part of the day painting with a good friend in our sun room....lovely times.
Yesterday was the first day since September 18th that the temperature was above 20. That was in Winnipeg...we still have the big deep freezer here and until the ice is gone it is much cooler here. Shouldn't be long.

Happy Mother's Day, Beth,

Nancy