Friday, May 2, 2014

BLESSINGS

DSCN2529
Rick arrives after a hot drive from Kamloops thankful there was no snow on the highway this time.  Early in the morning yesterday he was off to Terrace on business.

As soon as he leaves I leave for my walk.  I stop in to see Gunty.  She was feeling very lonely and unloved by her family.  She fears they are trying to control her life and no matter what they do she is suspicious.
DSCN2533

I had can hardly wait to see Mary and Michael John and baby Simone.
  As dad and I walk into their home,  with the toys scattered all around ,there is a wonderful loving atmosphere.

Simone looks at me and wonders who I am.  Later she sits on my lap and tried to grab my necklace.  She is adorable.  And so is her mom.
DSCN2548DSCN2539
 That is a cute hat and a cute couple.

I am so blessed that times when I have made a mess of things I have always been forgiven.  Forgiveness is so important in a family.  You forgive and you forget!

We have been blessed by our love for each other!

DSCN2550
Gramma Sandra is happy playing and blowing bubbles.


DSCN2544
The runners.  Michael John will be in the marathon and Mary in a shorter version.  They will be running on Sunday.

I come home and go visiting at Newton Senor's Home.  Poor Jim his situation has not improved although they got him to the dentist she could not pull it because he is on blood thinners.  He looks at me with pain in his eyes and his face swollen and flushed.  Hopefully they will put him in hospital and do it.  The doctor was coming in to see him.

Not able to eat he is very thankful for the milkshake.

I count my blessings realizing how fortunate I am.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday! :)
Panteli

Shandel said...

Those are some fantastic photos! i saved the one of Simone looking quite curious. so nice to see everyone visiting. Have a happy weekend.
xo

Sandra said...

Well, we all get better sleeps last night, had the fan going so even if Simone had woken up we would not have heard her. Lots of driving yesterday in the city. Glad I do not have to do that all the time! Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, forgiveness is important in a family.

I'm glad they at least took Jim to the dentist and hopefully the tooth can be taken care of some how. I remember how badly my face and head hurt about 18 months ago when I had my abscessed tooth!

Terrace is okay. More meetings this afternoon and evening.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Looks nice and warm and sunny. Our kittens are getting bigger. They can drink milk from a bowl. Mommy cat seems to have lost interest in feeding them.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that a cute pic of Simone...looking at you and the camera, thinking who is this and what is she doing? Hasn't she grown.

Too bad about Gunty and her negligent family. Maybe she would be happier in a care home where they make meals and have lots of things to do. Our cousins moved, recently,to an assisted living apartment. Reluctantly,but are really happy there. Surprising all.

They probably took Jim off his blood thinners for a few days before the dental surgery. Gosh I feel sorry for him, we never forget how painful a toothache can be do we?

It must have been a lovely day yesterday, everyone is dressed for summer. We are still wearing winter clothes here. No shorts and tees. The weatherman said last night that April was the 7th month in a row of below normal temperatures. May seems to be following along. The average high is 18 and we were 4 .....

Have fun with your family.I will be looking forward to more pics and stories!

Love, Nancy