Thursday, January 7, 2016

AGING

This is a picture of the eagles perched high up in the trees.  They do not like the cold ground.  \one by one they fly away and as they spread their wings it is an awesome sight.  This was on the drive to Ladner the day we went to the library.

Today I woke up too early
far too early, after a restless sleep.
A part of the aging process.

I sit and write in my journal for two hours. 
No I will not be writing here that long.

It has been said that aging is just another new experience that we can view it as a challenge or try to resist it and loss the joy of your final years.  I remind myself that in my bran new synapse are being created and that is a miracle.  It means I can still learn new things and bring a value to all that lies ahead.

I have a choice of creating a new vision of growing old gracefully and with dignity and grace and most of all resilience.   My mom was a good example for me in so many ways.  I know her greatest wish for us all, was for us  to be happy and learn to live in harmony.

 Now I am feeling  the old aching bones and forgetfulness that comes with aging.  I enjoy talking to friends because we have so much in common and we can laugh at our silliness. 

Dad drove me to the Seniors Home but I only visit one person as others had gone out or were too tired for a visit.  They apologize but I tell them  no worries I know just how they feel.  Now I have to walk over and get dad's new ointment for his feet.

I sometimes feel that aging is like sitting high in a tree where we can view so much of life that continues all around us.  Even better than that I can be the audience that hoops and hollers as we cheer others on!  !  !
 

5 comments:

Mama Lee said...

Just read your last 2 days posts. I'm glad Larry saw someone who can actually help him. I sure hope the cream works. He has nothing to lose & any relief would be better than the suffering he has now.
You 2 are really troupers. So many things going on in your lives but you still live with grace & a wonderful sense of humour. Those will get you through much in life.

Love, Lee

Sandra said...

Just waiting for Randy to get home from his midnight shift so we can go for a walk. Looks foggy out in the dark. Since it is slippery it is nice to not have both dogs to reign in.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I really appreciate your comments and kind words.

Love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Aging....well it sure isn't for the faint of heart! But we always try our best don't we? I do think you are growing old with grace Beth. It is fun to share good laughs with friends our age who understand what it is all about!

I was so glad to read that the neurologist gave Larry a prescription for a cream that will bring him some relief from the pain. I sure hope it does!

The picture of the Bald Eagles reminds me of the many we had here, this past year. The summer residents were captivated by them, posting photos of them online. The population has been growing each year.

BRRRR it is really cold today The temperature fell all day from a high of -8 to -24 right now with a 50 km wind. We dressed warmly for our trip into the clinic at the hospital for Carl's appointment with the respirologist.
He decided not to remove the fluid in the pleura because it is caused from his Rheumatoid Arthritis and will just come back. One less procedure. There was freezing rain and then snow overnight as the cold front moved through, and the highways were bad so our son drove us in. I don't like driving on ice. Snow is fine. Carl doesn't drive much, just around here.

The skies were cobalt blue with sun dogs this morning...do you and Larry remember them? They were so bright that they almost formed a rainbow overhead. Coming home the blowing snow obliterated the blue skies and visibility was poor.

Did Sandra lose one of her dogs? I see where she said she only had one to reign in. Even my two Schnoodles can be a handful when they both pull on the leashes.

I wish you a lovely evening and a good sleep tonight....no getting up too early!

Love. Nancy



beth bennett said...

No Sandra was talking about Randy holding one reign and her the other.

What a drive you must have had. I remember many long drives in the winter from Calgary and Saskatoon where we went to visit family. Always glad to be home.

Carl sure has a lot to contend to and it affects both your lives I am sure.

love beth,