Friday, January 22, 2016

PRIORITIES

Dad has the dishwasher pulled out and tools everywhere trying to fix the part that had been broken, the main thing was the door would not cloase.    What a mess.  The most sickening part was the  mice droppings that were all over the insulation on top and around the machine. 

He has fixed the door but wanted to change where the pump joined the washer.  Then the problems worsened. 

Dad's priorities were to get a new part so that the water pump could be connected.  He left to pick up the new part while I continued to clean and sanitize.  This was not a kitchen to cook in,
 that was for sure.

After going to two stores he is not sure he has the right part.  The clerks were not that helpful.  His plan was to find a plumbing store which for reason as we drove around it was no where to be seen.

I would gladly pay a plumber because it is turning into such a hard job and adds to the pain in his body.  I mainly keep out of the way as I am no help.

My priority after doing some cleaning up is to walk the dog and then join dad in watching T.V.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You had a much busier day than me. Since I cleaned like mad before company yesterday I indulged in binge watching a French detective series. I did break long enough to make Randy supper and do the laundry, but that is about it.

I will venture out of the house today a bit more I think.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Today dad has been out for two hours trying to find a plumbing store as the ones we knew are now out of business. I advised he take a break until next week or when ever he feels up to it. He just needs a simple part but everything changes and becomes out of date.

It is good to have a day where you relax.

love mom