Monday, January 11, 2016

SIGNS OF CHANGE

New buds bravely popping out above the dead looking branches
and muddy ground beneath.  I will soon have to be out in the yard pruning back old growth.  Signs of future growth.

Signs of change in religion that has become dull and out dated more suited to tribal communities.  I find that it is like a breath of fresh air that transforms a dusty mouldy room into one that smells clean and usable.

No early morning walk for me, both dad and I feel weak and exhausted.  This old girl isn't what she once was and neither is dad.  Yes the signs of old age are catching up with us.

Dad and I enjoyed being at the birthday party but as more and more people arrived dad felt he had to get up to make room for the old ladies.  One great grandmother and three grand mothers.

Every year we meet and greet and I always have trouble remembering names.  I have finally remembered the names of the girls husbands which has taken awhile. there is a change in the fact that men are now in the kitchen even drying dishes.

Marriage has certainly changed the roles of many young couples. Jeff is a stay at home dad who also is a care giver to his grand mother who has recently been widowed.  Believe it or not she went to Regina Tech the same school I finished my last six months of grade 12. 

That was a big change for me to leave my high school in Saskatoon after 4 and a half years to start off totally new in another school.  That was the beginning of several years of separation for dad and I.  He too would leave Saskatoon to go to Air Traffic Control School in Winnipeg.

After he had graduated we married and moved to Sea Island where a run down barracks became a home.  Rick and Carol and Sandra were all additions to our family followed soon by Ken who arrived in our brand new home in Tsawwasen. 

Change is not always easy but if we are to grow we need to keep examining what we believe and how faith in ourselves and in others can changes our lives. 

Transforming Grace leaving the Old Laws to die a natural death
 and welcoming the Spirit of Joy into our hearts!

A faith that will not abandon us in the difficult times.

 For the light of  life, Jesus,
 is the vitality of being within us and beyond us,
 now and forever. 

A quote from our prayer at church.





2 comments:

Sandra said...

I skipped my lunch time walk yesterday, just to wet and cold. I have been walking to and from my pilates classes ever since the new year, so I am making up for it a bit.

One of my instructors teaches a bunch of old ladies like you mom, I think she said one is 78, 0r was it 88? She lives in Northdelta and walks in the watershed with her dog all the time. Say hi to her is you ever see her. She would be walking very fast and I dont think she ever wears pants.

Randy has decided to go skiing today. It is raining up on the mountain but he is determined to give it a try. Lord help him if he falls on his ribs.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

What is Randy thinking?

I am glad you are walking and doing pilates.

I am trying to do a longer walk and that is my goal for now.

I go to a meeting to-night at 7 to our ministry and personnel group.

Everyone who is involved with keeping the church alive like the minister, secretary, choir leader has a person to be a support for them. I am Lee's as she is our secretary. I am getting picked up and hope I can stay awake.

Another cold wet day but mild compared to other places.

love mom