Friday, January 1, 2016

SERENITY

What a wonderful time we have been having.
Today a little extra time for naps.
Dad is riding his bike in front of the window to get some fresh air.
I will go for a short walk after I write and try to download pictures.


Dad down loaded these for me but I also took pictures of Ava and Jeff and their little guy.
 
Dad and I enjoyed spending New Year's Eve with the family.  The children were have great fun jumping in and out of a box, playing with balloons and running around.  Very happy and healthy children with very serene parents watching and laughing.
 
I was thinking back to my childhood.  I had a good home and loving parents but they took life very seriously.  I did too so I think what I missed was having fun.  You were expected to do what was right and so not many words of affirmation.  I am grateful for my parents and the things that they taught me.  You always do your work first then you can choose what to do next.  Duty before fun!
 
Love is expressed in many different ways and in the end we realize that we are loveable just aas we are.
 
Love is the song in your heart.
 
Love is the music in your soul.
 
It is good when others affirm us like last evening as we left
 there was a chorus of voices saying "We love you!"

5 comments:

larry bennett said...

Shawna - dont tell me thatis not a nice picture !!

larry bennett said...

Yes a most enjoyable evening - geatfood (I ate yo much) Sweet little ones - all very good - great parents of the little ones - no yelling or ???

Randy and Sandra great hosts - I think they both are just a touch tuckered out !

Thanall of you for being so nice to us old foggies.

Sandra said...

Your very welcome, I am know it is a bit hectic with the kids all running around.
Can you email me copies of the the pictures you took.
Now that life is back to normal, sort of, I will be back on track reading the blog.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

I have had trouble down loading but dad can do that.

Any news from the travellers?

Hope your cold is better.

Rested all day.

Kim went to the polar bear swim.

Haiti has gone to visit Carol and Panteli.

love om

Sandra said...

Mary it home safe and sound, the kids did pretty well, just got restless the last hour and a half. Stephen and Shawna stayed at Jasper for the night as Linkers was getting tired of sitting in the car.