Monday, January 25, 2016

NAVIGATING

Oliver has arrived here to attend a school in North Van. to learn more about navigation.  This adds to his ability to be involved with the coast guard.

It looks to be a pretty tough course.  So we wish him much success.

It was good to visit with him at Carol and Panteli

We missed seeing Theresa and Mickie as well as Morgan.  Morgan is now busy creating clay charms and is taking a computer coding class at school.  Well done Morgan!

It is great to be a part of an interesting family.

Most of us are in the process of learning how to navigate our daily lives.

I find that I do have to plan  my day so that I have the energy to do what I have planned.  Dad was busy with attaching the water hose to the dish washer and having great difficulty.  Water would leak every time he turned it on.

I drove over to visit at the Seniors Home and had a interesting talk with Joyce. 

I am now thinking back to Sunday and the  very enjoyable day drive with Carol out to Abbotsford to see Ben play.

There is a lot of  beauty to be seen even in the   uncultivated fields and barren trees waiting to burst once again into new life.  New life is what a creating God; who may seem at times to be hidden, offers us.

Ben's game was in a very big sporting complex with four areas set apart for soccer.  We had trouble finding his game and then there was no seating.  Fortunately Theresa navigated us by phone to climb the stairs where we found seating.

It was a fast and fun game on a smaller space.

Ben impressed us with his quick moves and many saves!

I find when listening to others it is hard to navigate through the place of doubt and faith.
Every one must come to their own conclusions.
Every one is searching for a life of meaning and love.

Faith has often been portrayed by bleak moralists who instead of bringing joy into our lives seem to take it away.  What fills the void when life loses its passion and the waters are rough and it is easy to lose your way?

I am thankful for the gift of faith that comes when I choose to believe and trust and hope.

I believe Jesus is the navigator who knows the way and leads those who will follow back to God.

Love one another without being judgemental or condescending but care about me when I am hurting and need a hand up.

I am not going to be navigating the wet road this morning, maybe later in the day.

 


1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

That is one huge sports complex where Ben is playing soccer. I bet everyone was glad that it was an indoor facility! Good for Ben...he really excels playing soccer. Tell him his Manitoba cousins are all proud of his achievements. Thank-you Beth for posting photos and keeping us up to date.

Good for Oliver taking navigation. I guess it sure has changed since the days of my GGrandfather who navigated with a sextant and the stars. He was a master mariner and travelled the world from Belfast Ireland. Is Oliver in the naval reserve? or the Navy?

Carl's doctor stuck a needle in his back to draw off the fluid in his pleura...the sac surrounding the lung and the fluid had pus in it, so he was admitted to hospital. He has had a pleural effusion for 6 years and it has become a lot larger and the infection is not good news. He has a chest tube and the doctors are meeting today to decide what to do.

It was a tough drive home last night in the dark and icy highways...but I made it! The highways are a mess with freezing rain and about 10 cms of snow so we aren't going to go in to Winnipeg today. He is resting comfortably said his nurse. Our son, Bob will drive me in tomorrow.

Love, Nancy