Monday, May 16, 2016

A DAY TO REMEMBER

Farewell lunch for Jane and Geof

Here they are cutting the cake.

It was a fun party with many funny stories told about them both.

We look forward to seeing them again at our many church functions.  The Strawberry Tea will be coming soon.  Jane did a beautiful job organizing this in the past but as is the norm new people will pitch in.

Then it was home for a nap and then off to the baby shower.

What an amazing group.  Babies everywhere!  Then over to Carol and Panteli s for a wonderful family dinner.  I must get her desert recipe.

Dad and I coped very well even with his painful feet.  Having a nap helped me and also not going for a big walk.

Ben is handling the change in his plans very well and it is a relief in a way.  He seems too young to be living away from home.  Morgan is hoping she will still get a dog even though Ben is still there.

Cold today and I am just being lazy.

Sometimes a change of direction or a change of goals can be very freeing and liberating as well as spiritual.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness, Beth, you need a social secretary! What a busy day you had. I bet you are tired today....just take things easy!

Wonderful pictures...not sure who the baby shower was for...but it was well attended!

You have me wondering what you had for dessert at Carol's. My favourite is lemon pie and I just might make one tomorrow!

It was a beautiful day so I worked outside. Set up the fountain by the window so Carl can watch the birds drink and bath and it has been very busy already. Lots of thirsty customers.
Did a lot of cleaning up getting ready for Friday, when our yard man will come and we will load up his truck with junk for the dump and he will cut the grass.

There are lots of wood ticks and I can feel them crawling even though I checked when I came inside. Guess I will hit the shower!I have to check the dogs daily.

The cataloguing of my photos went well and I managed to put them all on an external drive. I will take it over to the office in St. Georges tomorrow. They are working on the posters and advertising today. The director has a super nice young woman who is her assistant, Amy and she is working on the show.

oh oh the nuthatch is looking for me...he comes to my hand for peanuts, gotta go!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beth and Larry for taking such a big part in he fun farewell party for Geof and l .We felt very much affirmed and loved l really enjoyed the service too it was very upbeat and interesting The more l see and listen to Kimiko the more l like her and l feel so sorry for the family situation with her husband recovering from such nasty and concerning surgery. Thanks once again for being such wonderful friends and we look forward to you visiting us her on the north shore! Much love ,Jane and Geof.