Sunday, May 22, 2016

NEVER

Never say never.

The truth us I never sleep in but I did Sunday morning.

By the time I walked Haiti it was too late to get ready for church.

I decided to bag up some of the cedar branches and left the floor unswept and the dishes not down.  The dog hair was happy floating through the air as I closed the door on the mess.

I had just come in and dad was happy watching the hockey game when our friends from church,  Pat and John dropped by.

I could have taken them up stairs to my clean and tidy cupboard but four of us would not fit.

I dust off a chair and we have a good visit.  The wonderful things is that they are experiencing some of the same aches and pains we are having.  We have shared a lot of fun times with them and look forward to doing more.

Afterward I read a chapter about Jim, a believer,  who takes his friend Casper, a atheist. to church.  A big impressive mega church where the smiles are plentiful, the music professional and the message engaging.  Was Casper impressed.  No. 

Where was the heart and soul of the music that stirs something mysterious within us.

Where was the passion of a message that was engaging but not inspiring.  Enjoyable but hardly life changing.

No matter what our relationship is to others at home or at church we want people to be real, authentic, respectful and transparent willing to listen as well as respond.

There is a song about kindness that is in my head that comes to mind.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

We will be heading home today, another successful visit and another room done. It has been very cold and wet and windy the whole weekend so we did not get out side to play at all.

Is there any news on Kenny lately?

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't that always the way Beth...you can have your house looking spotless and no one comes and the minute it looks messy...well ....they come! That was a comical comment about hosting them in your closet!

We had lots of company drop in yesterday too...nice to see our summer friends again. It has ben a beautiful long weekend for us...with an overnight thunderstorm to freshen up things. It is foggy now and very humid. So happy for the rain because the fire danger was high and some idiots were lighting off fire crackers the past two nights. Sparks were landing on people's cottages.

Thanks for the good wishes for Carl, Ken..we sure do appreciate your kind thoughts.

Well I have to get ready to go to the greenhouse at ST. Georges with my son...Bob. Aren't we lucky to have such thoughtful kids Beth? Yes, I know they are our adult children...but they always will be, "our kids". Right?

have a wonderful Sunday..

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Who is the new room for. I think for Lincoln

Ken hears news on Tuesday for his latest test.

He says he is feeling okay but he must be tired
.if he slept through the hockey game like dad does sometimes too

Have a safe trip home!

Love mom