Thursday, May 5, 2016

HONESTY

My day yesterday was a day when          
I started things but never finished,
I went to the store but did not get
what I went for, actually both dad and
I went together.
I planed to cut the grass and dad is going
to trim the edges but neither got done.
I did not wish happy birthday on face book but dropped off a card to Chris.  We are taking him out to supper to night.

Dad did drive me to go visiting and every time
I go the ladies appreciate it so very much.  I am so glad I am not forgotten says Joyce.

Dad met a man sitting outside and they had a little visit.

The fire has destroyed the whole town it would appear.  How can they restore when so much has been lost.  I start thinking we should be more prepared not for a fire but for an earthquake.

Got home and was greeted by aa waging tail and a look it was time for a walk.  She was even happier when I put her leash on her.

So a least I did several things right.

A cartoon shows a picture of an answering machine saying that the voice is being listened to and if I know you and want to speak to you I will otherwise leave a message.  A honest answering machine! 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, at least you will still moving and doing something, even if not what you had planned. My plans for a walk and then Pilates did not turn out as I had to take someone from work to the hospital after getting chemicals in her eyes.

Sandra

larry bennett said...

That must have been stressful - how did it turn out?

nancy-Lou said...

I wonder how many people in the nursing homes feel as though they are forgotten? How sad is that? WOW..many lived a life looking after their families and giving of themselves and what happens....no one cares about them now. Something is really wrong here. I know it is just a few people who feel forgotten and many have caring families who visit often....but it gets my ire!

Our brother-in-law had a stroke or something similar a couple of days ago. He was married to Carl's sister who passed away a few years ago. He lives alone and never had children so our nephew is keeping care of his home and cats. I hope he is able to come home again. He is 73.

A very hot day here....34C. Tomorrow will be cooler, thank goodness. We were asking for some warm weather and they sent us a scorcher and people are grumbling....

Did you read the book written by Jodi Picoult, Beth? I find some not as good as others...if you want to read the one I like best, borrow the Storyteller, from the library. It was the second one I read and the best. I have read 6 books now and working on the 7th. I found two more at VV ..that I don't have at home. I must have 6 or 7 to read now.

I wish you a lovely evening...I am going to sit out on the deck at dusk and listen for the Whipporwill. He should be here now!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy.
I will order that book from the library
but was a little disappointed in the one I read,