Friday, May 6, 2016

FAMILY

Dad and I enjoyed our visit out with Christopher.
We have certainly seen him mature over the years.  He is hard working and full of insight about many things.  It is not easy to be a young person in this day and age.  We hope that this year will be a good one and hope we see more of him too!

Dad worked very hard in the front yard all day and I helped going along and doing some clean up.

I was looking in the window box where I planted some seeds and was surprised that one half is growing little shoots while the other is no sign of life.  I was reminded of the parable that Jesus taught about the sower and the soil.  My seed was not planted on hard ground or along the path so I am wondering if the birds could have eaten some.

The seed is the word of God which takes root in some hearts while in others is met with unbelief and chocked with the worries of life.  The good seed grows strong and produces good fruit.

Dad and I are proud of the good character that grows in our family and has overcome difficulties with effort and hard work.


6 comments:

Sandra said...

I am having visitors this summer, well baby visitors, Cameron and Shandel were already coming. Mary and Mike and the kids are coming July 5th to 10th. Not a long visit but still wonderful to see them.

I have some potatoes growing that I just threw in the ground because they were sprouting in my cupboard. Not sure if they will actually grow. Oh, and some of the seeds you gave me I actually got into the ground and they are growing.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

no actual seeds planted just the ones planted in my heart .may they grow and bare much fruit.however t hat will take some work on my part but much is done by the mysterious force that makes every thing work in the whole universe and l am calling the presence thanks for sparking some thought around the parable. l think thats what parables are supposed to do ? love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Yay..now I can put a face to another Bennett family member! AND a handsome fellow he is. This is Rick's son, right? I think I am getting most of you figured out! Not as difficult as the Ateah family...but there are quite a few Bennetts.

It was a real scorcher yesterday 34C and was the first day we had over 20, so it was a shock to many. One of the radio announcers posted...Please forgive me, it is too hot! Sure have me a chuckle. Overnight a cold front went through and cooled things off. We have some smoke in the air from the forest fires in Alberta and Saskatchewan...so the sun isn't as bright.
The forest fire danger remains high. No rain.

We think we had a fisher in our yard last night...it was brown, low to the ground and about 3 feet long. Have to be careful with our cat. I put in the blocker for the pet door so he cannot go outside. Well he can go in our fenced backyard and cannot get out from there.

I heard the Ruffed Grouse drumming in the woods behind our house early this morning...such a treat to live in the country near nature.

Wishing you a good Friday,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank you sharing your thoughts from my words.

Love Beth (mom)

Anonymous said...

Chris looks good . I have been unwell for two days. Just viral , nose throat ,now lungs. I went to the Dr , getting a blood test to check on Celiacs disease . You never know may come up positive. Guys and girls at work told me not to come in !! As I sounded real bad. Plus I had a temperature and felt bad. I had to go to the DR for a certificate because the sickie was proceeding my three day break.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Yes Ken Chris looks good with the beard! Keep on top of that cold - they can lead
to other things - as you know!

A sickie is very suspicious just befor days off!!

Hope the kids dont get sick.

Hot here today, well only about 20, but spent a couple of hours washing the driveway,
tuckered me out!
love
dad