Wednesday, May 25, 2016

HISTORY

I have started knocking  on wood, the wood of my desk.
This seems to help my computer get unstuck.
We do what works right.

Dad is working hard cutting down the top of the fast growing Seder  hedge.  He is good when he is motivated but I have been discouraged with my own slow progress.  I want to be able to fill at least two brown bags each day but yesterday only managed one.

I am thankful that dad is coping well with the pain he is having but I feel frustrated and useless. and wish this job had never been started.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to transform pain into progress and I am proud of the good job he is doing.

Myself I have to pull myself up out of my frustration and do the best I can.  Self-love is important to renew energy and willingness to keep trying.  So I was up early and worked instead of taking Haiti for her second walk of the day.  Choices.

After a lunch sitting out on the lawn watching dad I was off to Bible study.

It was like a history lesson about Paul and his travels and some successes and some work left undone.  He had friends who would stay behind when he moved oh,  friends who shared his vision and his passion for Jesus as a savior.   The history of the life of Jesus was woven with the stories that created the faith upon which the Jews lived by.

Their history was the retelling of the story of their salvation from slavery and their hope of a Messiah.

Paul was and always will be a controversial figure in history.

I had an enjoyable afternoon with my dear friends as more than once we burst out laughing.

I am reminded that laughter is good for the soul!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

When Randy gets going on a project it can make me feel very lazy by comparison too. But, I am believe in the slow and steady race and just keep my eye on the goal.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Sandra, how about some photos of the project...the room for Sebastian? Would love to see some.

That sure is a huge cedar hedge isn't it? Just take you time and it will get done!

Why was Paul a controversial figure in the bible? I remember hearing this before, but can't remember why!

Carl had three phone calls today, all for doctors...one is a pre-op appointment that will be at least a two-hour appointment. He has to meet with a nurse, an anesthetist, and a physio therapist .

We have an appointment with a realtor and are probably going to list our home for sale...we just cannot handle all the appointments and surgeries living so far away from the city. Something I dread to do, but times change and we have to recognize the needs. It will be hard to find a rental in the city which allows dogs...but we have time to look.

Well lots to do...I have to get back to work! Wishing you a good day,

Love, Nancy