Thursday, May 12, 2016

BELIEVERS

I put on my dunce cap and head over to the church to listen to the wisdom of others.
                                               Time to get back into the Word!
I arrive late because I read the time wrong making me feel very foolish,
We are a great group of believers
who still have many questions to be answered.
Am I willing to listen and learn with a open heart and a mind that is seeking for all that lies behind the mystery of living as a follower of Jesus.

We discuss how the church can be a loving place but that does not mean we all agree.  Our experiences have all been different and our personalities too.  The Bible reminds us of how many imperfect people there are and there will never be a error free church or  error free relationships.  Failure can be a source of salvation when we do not resist or run from our problems.
My faith needs discipline as well as grace.
Faith lights the way to a greater awareness of all that can be good.

Love opens the door.

"Love is the ultimate and highest goal to which man can aspire."
-  Viktor E. Frankl


2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think what you really need is a social secretary to get you to all your appointments on time.

Any news on Kenny?

Did I mention that Randy and I are starting to consider taking the pool out?

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

You are one busy gal, Beth! You sure don't need a dunce cap for attending meetings at church. You are one of the most well-written people I know when it comes to writing about religion and spirituality. Is this your regular group? Do you meet weekl?

I had a lovely afternoon painting with my friend Susan.

We tried out the pan pastels and made a good mess...pastels all over our clothes and faces and out hands...WELLL that is going to take some time to get all that chalk out from under my fingernails and the stains on my hands too.

Of course I had to use a dark purple...and I have a meeting tomorrow with the lady who is organizing the retropsepctive exhibition of my art over all the years I have been painting.
Oh well, at least I will look the part! My friend Susan is coming with me...to take notes and help remember things too...she was a legal secretary and is super organized. I am lucky!
The lady is taking us out to lunch after the meeting...it is a French community and very pretty..situated along the Winnipeg River. The farms there grown lots of peas, which when dried make excellent pea soup...which I love! mmmmm

I wonder if Sandra and Randy are tired of the maintenance required when one has a pool or if Sandra wants to expand her garden? I bet the kids will miss the pool parties!

How are are Larry's feet doing? I hope much better.

No BlueJays game tonight....I think Carl is in withdrawal! haha. He's watching sitcoms and they drive me nuts, with their laugh tracks...might go in the studio to get away!

Have a good evening and sleep,

Love, Nancy