Tuesday, May 10, 2016

DREAMING

One thing we can continue to do even as we get older
is to keep dreaming.

Right now dad and I are dreaming of how the yard will look after
we get it cleaned up and tied up.  Dad is working at fixing the front sidewalk where all the weeds are growing out of the cracks.

I am dreaming of my flowers growing and blooming.

Today when I looked at my basket I was dreaming that
maybe we should have a win and basket opening  party.

If no one shows up dad and I will just have to do it on our own.

To magnify our lives is to take those talents and gifts (and dreams) unique to each one of us, and with them utilizing imagination, risk, work and consistent effort, make more out of our lives.   -The Four Doors by Richard Paul Evans.

I certainly have had a lot of my dreams come true! and so has dad!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Do you mean wine and basket opening? Well, send out the invites!

I hope it is all good dreams you are having come true.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Pretty flowers in your garden Beth. The blue and white Iris are Lady Valarie West, I am pretty sure! It looks like there is a pretty yellow rose too. Lovely.

I am dreaming of how nice my garden used to look before the deer wrecked it all. It used to be so much fun going for an early morning walk and seeing what is blooming. I had a large garden in the front and the back. I used to supply fresh flowers for the church on Sundays.

There used to be such pretty gardens lining the avenues in the cottage area, but everyone has given up...and the two greenhouses here have been struggling. One closed this spring. I wish there was someway to control the deer...maybe birth control...haha! Neuter the bucks, hahah.
Hunting is not allowed here. But I would be all for that, if it was. People would have meat for their freezers...just like years ago.

I was in the city today with my son, Mark. It was raining so he didn't have work. We went to the thrift stores and had lots of fun. I found some great things! That is always exciting. It finally rained and Winnipeg was drenched all day...but the futher north and east we drove as we came home the less rain there was and it is only just spitting here. We badly need rain. Hope it comes.

Wishing you a good evening..I bet you are going to watch hockey!

Love, Nancy


Anonymous said...

I got my blood work back. My CK levels are high (creatine )not sure what that means ,the Dr has requested another blood test. The coeliac test results were not back yet. The dr says print more water. My muscles are still cramping. Especially my stomach muscles. He had no idea.
After the second test he may have an better idea.
ken

beth bennett said...

Ken I am sorry to hear that but finding out more will be helpful.
I know you used to drink more water so do that.
Cramps can be so painful.
Phone us when you know more.
Thinking and praying for you.

love mom